Re: [torchwood] A Question about episode 7

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 22, 2011
      On 8/22/2011 2:53 AM, Daren :) wrote:

      > Here in Oz Torchwood airs about 6 hours after the US so I get to read
      > everyones reviews of the episode before I get to see it BUT this time
      > I recorded it and can't bring myself to watch it after reading what
      > everyone said about the goings on in Immortal Sins
      >
      > At the end of Middle Men when Gwen arrives back in LA incognito and
      > just blithely walks up and answers the page for Gwen Cooper
      > AFTER I scraped all the popcorn off the screen to see what happened
      > next as I threw my popcorn at the screen pretty hard and stuck
      >
      > I thought the fact that the kidnappers being able to hack into the
      > signal for the lens's would be a big deal a major plot point in
      > Immortal Sins
      >
      > Now I assumed that Gwen would be told to keep on the lens so the
      > unknown kidnappers could keep an eye on her and Gwen thus acted out of
      > charachter because of this
      > But from what I've read in everyones reviews Gwens' not even wearing
      > the Lens's and she just turns on Jack and is completely willing to
      > hand him over in exchange for her family
      >
      > Would that be pretty accurate ????
      >
      > Daren

      You are absolutely correct - Gwen is told to keep the lenses in so they
      can monitor her. AND she is most definitely still wearing the lenses
      during the interminable drive to meet the unknown kidnappers.

      In all honesty - as I posted before - I do 'get' the initial panic mode
      that Gwen is in - her mum, her husband and her child are in danger and
      all she has to do to save them is to give the unknown captors Jack. I
      get it. The problem is that mode wears off - and there was more than
      enough time for it to wear off. And Gwen unfortunately is completely in
      character for her actions against Jack.

      The episode is a MUST see for any Jack fan - it truly, truly puts into
      perspective how Jack's past has made him into the man we saw in the
      premiere of series 1 and the changes in that Jack from the Jack we saw
      the Doctor abandon in the future on the gaming station.

      pfyre
      --
      */Precious and rare all Love is, gender matters not./*