Re: [torchwood] re: episode 5: Grim

  • pattikoala
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 8, 2011
      best thing about this last ep.

      Category JACK

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Thistlethorne" <ThistleThorne@...>
      To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, August 8, 2011 5:40:02 PM
      Subject: Re: [torchwood] re: episode 5: Grim

      Oh, thank goodness I'm not the only one getting bored. I was only half paying attention to this last episode. I'm watching because it's Torchwood. The real question is going to be "Will I buy it on DVD?" Right now, the answer is no. Unless something spectacular happens, COE is the last Torchwood I'm purchasing.

      Learn the rules so you know how to
      break them properly
      --Dalai Lama

      ThistleThorne
      ThistleThorne@...
      http://www.fanfiction.net/~thistlethorne

      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 8, 2011
        Well, if you think about it, it is in the middle of the series, there had to be some areas where it gets slow. with what happened at the end, I can see the momentum picking up.

        "And Buffy Stakes Edward.....The End"
        - From T-shirt seen at Comic Con
        Donald Tennant - US2002045702
        2011 Grand Masquerade CFC Sabbat Stagehand Lead
        LA-005-D No Last Call

        ________________________________

        I agree. I'm starting to get bored. I couldn't get through the last ep in

        one sitting.

        Cheers,

        Bud Clark

        San Diego

        On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 1:39 AM, Michael < gilbeymichael11@... > wrote:

        > **

        > I would agree that this story is just too strung out, they could have ended

        > it in 5 or 6 episodes and then started a new adventure. One point I will

        > make is that the people who have obviously found a way to keep people who

        > should be dead still living have also somehow found a way to make Jack

        > mortal again. Who else could have done but them?

        (Yahoo! ID required)

        torchwood-digest@yahoogroups.com

        torchwood-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • John
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 8, 2011
          I would hope it picks up with the next episode.

          John

          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 8, 2011
            Episode 6 will have some sort of nudity or extended violence as it is the
            other episode that is being edited in the UK.

            John

          • kaki4@nc.rr.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 8, 2011
              ---- Thistlethorne <ThistleThorne@...> wrote:
              > Oh, thank goodness I'm not the only one getting bored. I was only half paying attention to this last episode. I'm watching because it's Torchwood. The real question is going to be "Will I buy it on DVD?" Right now, the answer is no. Unless something spectacular happens, COE is the last Torchwood I'm purchasing.

              My COE is still in the wrapper! Watched it once on TV. Still watching and rewatching the first 2 seasons, plus sharing them with friends.

              Kaki
            • R Hall
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 9, 2011
                Donald, I don't get why the show would get slow in the middle of the season.  I can't recall it getting slow in "Children of Earth."  Maybe "Miracle Day" should have been only five episodes rather than ten if that would make it "get busy" right from the start.  I think we got the point of the season in the first episode, and dragging it out only makes for boredom and disappointment.

                John, I agree completely.  Let's hope the last five episodes are lots better than the first five.

                Robbie