I'M A TRUE BRIT SAYS TORCHWOOD STAR JOHN BARROWMAN

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2011
      I'M A TRUE BRIT SAYS TORCHWOOD STAR JOHN BARROWMAN
      []

      DAILY STAR SUNDAY

      "UK's home. This is where I got the start, this is where my doors were opened"

      Torchwood's John Barrowman
      7th August 2011
      By Star on Sunday reporter

      TORCHWOOD star John Barrowman has vowed never to turn his back on the
      UK despite the show's massive US success.

      John Barrowman, 44, has been playing Captain Jack Harkness in the
      Doctor Who spin-off for five years.

      John, who was born in Glasgow but raised in the US where his parents
      still live, said he won't be drawn by the bright lights of Hollywood.

      He said his heart remains true to Britain.

      "The global success... I'm just as bowled over by it as everybody
      else," said John.

      "It's now partly made in America and partly made in the UK.

      "Throughout the entire series we always return to Wales or some place
      in the UK. Anyone can turn it on and know exactly that they're
      watching Torchwood.

      "Yes, it's a bit more glossy. We have other actors in it. We're
      filming over there so we have to have other American actors in it.

      "But it's still 100% core, the heart of it is still British."

      He added: "I'm never going to give up the roots and the core that I
      have in the UK.

      "UK's home. This is where I got the start, this is where my doors
      were opened. And I'll never turn my back on it."

      source:
      <http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/204958/I-m-a-true-Brit-says-Torchwood-star-John-Barrowman/>http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/204958/I-m-a-true-Brit-says-Torchwood-star-John-Barrowman/