Re: [torchwood] re: episode 5: Grim

  • JoAnne Briere
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 8 8:16 AM
      (Edited the comments in below)

      Bravo Pfyre for saying so. At last, recognising and admitting the different perfection from perfectly good persons watching the show.

      I do watch it still, curious; per say, this show is not bad. It's just incredibly slow-going. That's the best I can write at this point; pfyre, you said eloquently what I think of the whole Gwen stuff. If I forwarded this way, the shows would be quick - since Gwen is still of no interest to me.

      Johanne

      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 8 8:23 AM
        I'm surprised at the scarcity of Jack (haven't seen it, but reading some of
        your emails), considering he's the whole reason the show exists and why
        people watch it.

        Catzy
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 8 9:33 AM
          At 11:23 AM 8/8/2011, sem, annotated:
          >I'm surprised at the scarcity of Jack (haven't seen it, but reading
          >some of your emails), considering he's the whole reason the show
          >exists and why people watch it.
          >
          >Catzy

          a lot of it comes down to RTD and his agenda - reading the posts on
          the background of RTD, Torchwood, Excalibur and Gwyneth and Gwen was
          certainly eye-opening over on the Torch_wood comm on the LJs

          pfyre
        • Thistlethorne
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 8 2:40 PM
            Oh, thank goodness I'm not the only one getting bored. I was only half paying attention to this last episode. I'm watching because it's Torchwood. The real question is going to be "Will I buy it on DVD?" Right now, the answer is no. Unless something spectacular happens, COE is the last Torchwood I'm purchasing.

            Learn the rules so you know how to
            break them properly
            --Dalai Lama

            ThistleThorne
            ThistleThorne@...
            http://www.fanfiction.net/~thistlethorne

            On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 1:39 AM, Michael <gilbeymichael11@...> wrote:

            > **

            > I would agree that this story is just too strung out, they could have ended

            > it in 5 or 6 episodes and then started a new adventure. One point I will

            > make is that the people who have obviously found a way to keep people who

            > should be dead still living have also somehow found a way to make Jack

            > mortal again. Who else could have done but them?

            Individual Email | Traditional

            (Yahoo! ID required)

            torchwood-digest@yahoogroups.com

            torchwood-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • pattikoala
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 8 2:41 PM
              best thing about this last ep.

              Category JACK

              I agree. I'm starting to get bored. I couldn't get through the last ep in

              one sitting.

              Cheers,

              Bud Clark

              San Diego

              On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 1:39 AM, Michael < gilbeymichael11@... > wrote:

              > **

              > I would agree that this story is just too strung out, they could have ended

              > it in 5 or 6 episodes and then started a new adventure. One point I will

              > make is that the people who have obviously found a way to keep people who

              > should be dead still living have also somehow found a way to make Jack

              > mortal again. Who else could have done but them?

              (Yahoo! ID required)

              torchwood-digest@yahoogroups.com

              torchwood-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Donald Tennant
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 8 2:47 PM
                Well, if you think about it, it is in the middle of the series, there had to be some areas where it gets slow. with what happened at the end, I can see the momentum picking up.

                "And Buffy Stakes Edward.....The End"
                - From T-shirt seen at Comic Con
                Donald Tennant - US2002045702
                2011 Grand Masquerade CFC Sabbat Stagehand Lead
                LA-005-D No Last Call

                ________________________________

                I agree. I'm starting to get bored. I couldn't get through the last ep in

                one sitting.

                Cheers,

                Bud Clark

                San Diego

                On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 1:39 AM, Michael < gilbeymichael11@... > wrote:

                > **

                > I would agree that this story is just too strung out, they could have ended

                > it in 5 or 6 episodes and then started a new adventure. One point I will

                > make is that the people who have obviously found a way to keep people who

                > should be dead still living have also somehow found a way to make Jack

                > mortal again. Who else could have done but them?

                (Yahoo! ID required)

                torchwood-digest@yahoogroups.com

                torchwood-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • John
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 8 3:19 PM
                  I would hope it picks up with the next episode.

                  John

                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 8 3:22 PM
                    Episode 6 will have some sort of nudity or extended violence as it is the
                    other episode that is being edited in the UK.

                    John

                  • kaki4@nc.rr.com
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 8 8:16 PM
                      ---- Thistlethorne <ThistleThorne@...> wrote:
                      > Oh, thank goodness I'm not the only one getting bored. I was only half paying attention to this last episode. I'm watching because it's Torchwood. The real question is going to be "Will I buy it on DVD?" Right now, the answer is no. Unless something spectacular happens, COE is the last Torchwood I'm purchasing.

                      My COE is still in the wrapper! Watched it once on TV. Still watching and rewatching the first 2 seasons, plus sharing them with friends.

                      Kaki
                    • R Hall
                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 9 8:34 PM
                        Donald, I don't get why the show would get slow in the middle of the season.  I can't recall it getting slow in "Children of Earth."  Maybe "Miracle Day" should have been only five episodes rather than ten if that would make it "get busy" right from the start.  I think we got the point of the season in the first episode, and dragging it out only makes for boredom and disappointment.

                        John, I agree completely.  Let's hope the last five episodes are lots better than the first five.

                        Robbie