Ch-ch-changes in membership/moderation policy (everybody read)

  • Benjamin Elliott
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7 7:43 PM
      We are making some changes on the Torchwood Yahoo Group.

      1) We are no longer manually approving memberships. If you apply, you will join. If you later turn out to be a spammer or a bot, you will be removed.

      2) The existing membership as of August 7th, 2011 has proven itself able to handle spoilers appropriately. Spoilers are not appearing in subject lines, spoiler space is being used properly at the start of messages. Also, people are being respectful to each other. Everyone currently on the group will now be unmoderated. Obviously, if people start spoiling current season events a lot or being mean to each other, we will start hand-moderating those involved immediately and re-evaluate the policy change.

      3) For now, new members will be moderated at first, and switched to unmoderated after a couple of weeks.

      The moderating team have been wonderful, and I hope that there will be less need for moderating in the future.

      Now, if anyone wonders why we were manually approving members and moderating all messages, feel free to read the archives for February 2008. We must never act that way again.

      Regards,
      Benjamin Elliott
      Group Founder