Re: [torchwood] Episode 5 : grim

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
      At 04:53 PM 8/7/2011, John, annotated:
      >Spoilers

      >I really want to know if Dr. Juarez makes it out of the cliffhanger?

      she's dead - no cliffhanger

    • pattikoala
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011

          Yeah but that guy was badly badly burnt. I'm assuming that they are
          actually cremating people since that's what it looked like they were set up
          for. We're not talking burnt people, we're talking ash, maybe some bone and
          their fillings (and metal bits I suppose?). And while I can only assume the
          cells on each particle would still be alive, the actual person would cease
          to exist.

          Joni

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
            At 08:44 PM 8/7/2011, pattikoala, annotated:

            someone from Jack's past or not - they're leaving quite a trail of
            breadcrumbs for us to debate over

            but that was NOT complete immolation - like what is being done in
            those modules - when they're done being burned all that will be left
            is ash - unlike the guy that was wearing the bomb - there was still
            recognizable parts of a body there

            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
              At 08:54 PM 8/7/2011, Joni, annotated:

              >Yeah but that guy was badly badly burnt. I'm assuming that they are
              >actually cremating people since that's what it looked like they were
              >set up for. We're not talking burnt people, we're talking ash,
              >maybe some bone and their fillings (and metal bits I suppose?). And
              >while I can only assume the cells on each particle would still be
              >alive, the actual person would cease to exist.
              >
              >Joni

              I would say that once the bodies are burnt to ash - the likelihood of
              'consciousness' still being present is pretty damned closed to nil.
              In some cases - i.e. that guy who had the bomb strapped to his chest
              - when they showed him from certain angles it was gruesomely obvious
              that there was little to no 'brain' matter in the skull [gaping hole
              instead] - so even if the eyes were blinking and 'looking' at Jack
              and the others in the autopsy/morgue - the idea of true consciousness
              is pretty damned debatable. For someone in that condition or the
              woman we saw whose husband kept strangling her until her brain was
              soup and her neck was dust - cremation might just be the kindest
              alternative to allowing the 'body' to keep on living. I'm not
              advocating what PhiCorp is doing - cause obviously they're not being
              all that picky or careful who they label as category 1 - if the so
              called miracle continued on for a lengthy period of time - there
              would have to be a way to get rid of the bodies of those with no
              brain functions, etc. Cause as pointed out early on - they simply
              become breeding grounds for infections, bacteria, viruses, etc. *shudder*

              pfyre