Re: [torchwood] Episode 5 : grim

  • Wiebke White
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
      REply below

      From: John <videoking@...>

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
        At 04:53 PM 8/7/2011, John, annotated:
        >Spoilers
        >Spoilers
        >Spoilers
        >Spoilers
        >
        >Spoilers
        >Spoilers
        >Spoilers
        >Spoilers
        >
        >Spoilers
        >Spoilers
        >Spoilers
        >Spoilers
        >
        >Spoilers
        >Spoilers
        >Spoilers
        >Spoilers
        >

        >I really want to know if Dr. Juarez makes it out of the cliffhanger?

        she's dead - no cliffhanger

      • pattikoala
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011

            Yeah but that guy was badly badly burnt. I'm assuming that they are
            actually cremating people since that's what it looked like they were set up
            for. We're not talking burnt people, we're talking ash, maybe some bone and
            their fillings (and metal bits I suppose?). And while I can only assume the
            cells on each particle would still be alive, the actual person would cease
            to exist.

            Joni

            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
              At 08:44 PM 8/7/2011, pattikoala, annotated:

              someone from Jack's past or not - they're leaving quite a trail of
              breadcrumbs for us to debate over

              but that was NOT complete immolation - like what is being done in
              those modules - when they're done being burned all that will be left
              is ash - unlike the guy that was wearing the bomb - there was still
              recognizable parts of a body there

              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
                At 08:54 PM 8/7/2011, Joni, annotated:

                >Yeah but that guy was badly badly burnt. I'm assuming that they are
                >actually cremating people since that's what it looked like they were
                >set up for. We're not talking burnt people, we're talking ash,
                >maybe some bone and their fillings (and metal bits I suppose?). And
                >while I can only assume the cells on each particle would still be
                >alive, the actual person would cease to exist.
                >
                >Joni

                I would say that once the bodies are burnt to ash - the likelihood of
                'consciousness' still being present is pretty damned closed to nil.
                In some cases - i.e. that guy who had the bomb strapped to his chest
                - when they showed him from certain angles it was gruesomely obvious
                that there was little to no 'brain' matter in the skull [gaping hole
                instead] - so even if the eyes were blinking and 'looking' at Jack
                and the others in the autopsy/morgue - the idea of true consciousness
                is pretty damned debatable. For someone in that condition or the
                woman we saw whose husband kept strangling her until her brain was
                soup and her neck was dust - cremation might just be the kindest
                alternative to allowing the 'body' to keep on living. I'm not
                advocating what PhiCorp is doing - cause obviously they're not being
                all that picky or careful who they label as category 1 - if the so
                called miracle continued on for a lengthy period of time - there
                would have to be a way to get rid of the bodies of those with no
                brain functions, etc. Cause as pointed out early on - they simply
                become breeding grounds for infections, bacteria, viruses, etc. *shudder*

                pfyre