Re: [torchwood] Episode 5 : grim

  • John
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
      Spoilers

      I really want to know if Dr. Juarez makes it out of the cliffhanger?

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
        REply below

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
          At 04:53 PM 8/7/2011, John, annotated:
          >Spoilers
          >Spoilers
          >Spoilers
          >Spoilers
          >
          >Spoilers
          >Spoilers
          >Spoilers
          >Spoilers
          >
          >Spoilers
          >Spoilers
          >Spoilers
          >Spoilers
          >
          >Spoilers
          >Spoilers
          >Spoilers
          >Spoilers
          >

          >I really want to know if Dr. Juarez makes it out of the cliffhanger?

          she's dead - no cliffhanger

        • pattikoala
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
            At 02:11 PM 8/7/2011, Melodi Rayl, commented:
            >YEAH grim... I'm totally mystified on what the 'reasoning' is behind
            >what they're doing in the modules. Can't wait to find out more!
            >

            >Hugs, Melodi

            speculation

            while I suspect the true results of the immortality of Miracle Day
            were a 'mistake' - I can see PhiCorp looking at the situation as one
            to make money - all those category 1 patients will be cremated/burned
            alive and PhiCorp will simply claim to still be providing them with
            care and services and charging the governments and insurance
            companies ad infinitem

            burning the category 1 is one way to limit the drain on the resources
            of the world - recall they said it wouldn't take long before the
            drain of supplies and space would cause chaos - getting rid of those
            who would be dead otherwise - relieves some of that drain

            *shrug* what I want to know is the reference to 'the families shall
            rise again' from ep 4 - what families???

            pfyre

            remember its someone from Jacks past--

            but the guy "lived" in the episode where he exploded the bomb he was wearing so burning doesnt alway kill

          • Joni
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011

              Yeah but that guy was badly badly burnt. I'm assuming that they are
              actually cremating people since that's what it looked like they were set up
              for. We're not talking burnt people, we're talking ash, maybe some bone and
              their fillings (and metal bits I suppose?). And while I can only assume the
              cells on each particle would still be alive, the actual person would cease
              to exist.

              Joni

              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
                At 08:44 PM 8/7/2011, pattikoala, annotated:

                someone from Jack's past or not - they're leaving quite a trail of
                breadcrumbs for us to debate over

                but that was NOT complete immolation - like what is being done in
                those modules - when they're done being burned all that will be left
                is ash - unlike the guy that was wearing the bomb - there was still
                recognizable parts of a body there

                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
                  At 08:54 PM 8/7/2011, Joni, annotated:

                  >Yeah but that guy was badly badly burnt. I'm assuming that they are
                  >actually cremating people since that's what it looked like they were
                  >set up for. We're not talking burnt people, we're talking ash,
                  >maybe some bone and their fillings (and metal bits I suppose?). And
                  >while I can only assume the cells on each particle would still be
                  >alive, the actual person would cease to exist.
                  >
                  >Joni

                  I would say that once the bodies are burnt to ash - the likelihood of
                  'consciousness' still being present is pretty damned closed to nil.
                  In some cases - i.e. that guy who had the bomb strapped to his chest
                  - when they showed him from certain angles it was gruesomely obvious
                  that there was little to no 'brain' matter in the skull [gaping hole
                  instead] - so even if the eyes were blinking and 'looking' at Jack
                  and the others in the autopsy/morgue - the idea of true consciousness
                  is pretty damned debatable. For someone in that condition or the
                  woman we saw whose husband kept strangling her until her brain was
                  soup and her neck was dust - cremation might just be the kindest
                  alternative to allowing the 'body' to keep on living. I'm not
                  advocating what PhiCorp is doing - cause obviously they're not being
                  all that picky or careful who they label as category 1 - if the so
                  called miracle continued on for a lengthy period of time - there
                  would have to be a way to get rid of the bodies of those with no
                  brain functions, etc. Cause as pointed out early on - they simply
                  become breeding grounds for infections, bacteria, viruses, etc. *shudder*

                  pfyre