Re: [torchwood] Episode 5 : grim

  • pattikoala
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 5, 2011
      good questions

      I too think this could have been wrapped up in 5 episodes--its too strung out

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
        YEAH grim... I'm totally mystified on what the 'reasoning' is behind
        what they're doing in the modules. Can't wait to find out more!

        Hugs, Melodi

        BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY ARE THE ONES
        WHO LET IN THE LIGHT

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
          At 02:11 PM 8/7/2011, Melodi Rayl, commented:
          >YEAH grim... I'm totally mystified on what the 'reasoning' is behind
          >what they're doing in the modules. Can't wait to find out more!
          >

          >Hugs, Melodi

          speculation

          while I suspect the true results of the immortality of Miracle Day
          were a 'mistake' - I can see PhiCorp looking at the situation as one
          to make money - all those category 1 patients will be cremated/burned
          alive and PhiCorp will simply claim to still be providing them with
          care and services and charging the governments and insurance
          companies ad infinitem

          burning the category 1 is one way to limit the drain on the resources
          of the world - recall they said it wouldn't take long before the
          drain of supplies and space would cause chaos - getting rid of those
          who would be dead otherwise - relieves some of that drain

          *shrug* what I want to know is the reference to 'the families shall
          rise again' from ep 4 - what families???

          pfyre

        • John
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
            Spoilers
            Spoilers
            Spoilers
            Spoilers

            Spoilers
            Spoilers
            Spoilers
            Spoilers

            Spoilers
            Spoilers
            Spoilers
            Spoilers

            Spoilers
            Spoilers
            Spoilers
            Spoilers

            I really want to know if Dr. Juarez makes it out of the cliffhanger?

            At 02:11 PM 8/7/2011, Melodi Rayl, commented:
            >YEAH grim... I'm totally mystified on what the 'reasoning' is behind
            >what they're doing in the modules. Can't wait to find out more!
            >

            >Hugs, Melodi

            speculation

            while I suspect the true results of the immortality of Miracle Day
            were a 'mistake' - I can see PhiCorp looking at the situation as one
            to make money - all those category 1 patients will be cremated/burned
            alive and PhiCorp will simply claim to still be providing them with
            care and services and charging the governments and insurance
            companies ad infinitem

            burning the category 1 is one way to limit the drain on the resources
            of the world - recall they said it wouldn't take long before the
            drain of supplies and space would cause chaos - getting rid of those
            who would be dead otherwise - relieves some of that drain

            *shrug* what I want to know is the reference to 'the families shall
            rise again' from ep 4 - what families???

            pfyre

          • Wiebke White
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
              REply below

              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
                At 04:53 PM 8/7/2011, John, annotated:
                >Spoilers
                >Spoilers
                >Spoilers
                >Spoilers
                >
                >Spoilers
                >Spoilers
                >Spoilers
                >Spoilers
                >
                >Spoilers
                >Spoilers
                >Spoilers
                >Spoilers
                >
                >Spoilers
                >Spoilers
                >Spoilers
                >Spoilers
                >

                >I really want to know if Dr. Juarez makes it out of the cliffhanger?

                she's dead - no cliffhanger

              • pattikoala
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
                  At 02:11 PM 8/7/2011, Melodi Rayl, commented:
                  >YEAH grim... I'm totally mystified on what the 'reasoning' is behind
                  >what they're doing in the modules. Can't wait to find out more!
                  >

                  >Hugs, Melodi

                  speculation

                  while I suspect the true results of the immortality of Miracle Day
                  were a 'mistake' - I can see PhiCorp looking at the situation as one
                  to make money - all those category 1 patients will be cremated/burned
                  alive and PhiCorp will simply claim to still be providing them with
                  care and services and charging the governments and insurance
                  companies ad infinitem

                  burning the category 1 is one way to limit the drain on the resources
                  of the world - recall they said it wouldn't take long before the
                  drain of supplies and space would cause chaos - getting rid of those
                  who would be dead otherwise - relieves some of that drain

                  *shrug* what I want to know is the reference to 'the families shall
                  rise again' from ep 4 - what families???

                  pfyre

                  remember its someone from Jacks past--

                  but the guy "lived" in the episode where he exploded the bomb he was wearing so burning doesnt alway kill

                • Joni
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011

                    Yeah but that guy was badly badly burnt. I'm assuming that they are
                    actually cremating people since that's what it looked like they were set up
                    for. We're not talking burnt people, we're talking ash, maybe some bone and
                    their fillings (and metal bits I suppose?). And while I can only assume the
                    cells on each particle would still be alive, the actual person would cease
                    to exist.

                    Joni

                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
                      At 08:44 PM 8/7/2011, pattikoala, annotated:

                      someone from Jack's past or not - they're leaving quite a trail of
                      breadcrumbs for us to debate over

                      but that was NOT complete immolation - like what is being done in
                      those modules - when they're done being burned all that will be left
                      is ash - unlike the guy that was wearing the bomb - there was still
                      recognizable parts of a body there

                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
                        At 08:54 PM 8/7/2011, Joni, annotated:

                        >Yeah but that guy was badly badly burnt. I'm assuming that they are
                        >actually cremating people since that's what it looked like they were
                        >set up for. We're not talking burnt people, we're talking ash,
                        >maybe some bone and their fillings (and metal bits I suppose?). And
                        >while I can only assume the cells on each particle would still be
                        >alive, the actual person would cease to exist.
                        >
                        >Joni

                        I would say that once the bodies are burnt to ash - the likelihood of
                        'consciousness' still being present is pretty damned closed to nil.
                        In some cases - i.e. that guy who had the bomb strapped to his chest
                        - when they showed him from certain angles it was gruesomely obvious
                        that there was little to no 'brain' matter in the skull [gaping hole
                        instead] - so even if the eyes were blinking and 'looking' at Jack
                        and the others in the autopsy/morgue - the idea of true consciousness
                        is pretty damned debatable. For someone in that condition or the
                        woman we saw whose husband kept strangling her until her brain was
                        soup and her neck was dust - cremation might just be the kindest
                        alternative to allowing the 'body' to keep on living. I'm not
                        advocating what PhiCorp is doing - cause obviously they're not being
                        all that picky or careful who they label as category 1 - if the so
                        called miracle continued on for a lengthy period of time - there
                        would have to be a way to get rid of the bodies of those with no
                        brain functions, etc. Cause as pointed out early on - they simply
                        become breeding grounds for infections, bacteria, viruses, etc. *shudder*

                        pfyre