Episode 5 : grim

  • JoAnne Briere
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 5, 2011
      4
      5
      Spoilers
      1
      2
      3
      4
      5

      What a grim story, what a slow paced story. Yet again, there was little and there was much in it.

      I've yet to see or comprendended the hints, if hints are given.

      I'm mostly written to ask what hints are you seeing, as to what drives this plot? and the gain for whoever leads this?

      The graphics seems to show category 2 as the bigger group of human on Earth; and the fact that going to category 1 seems to be a quick decision to make .... what is the point of having created an immortal in-humanity, if it's to get rid of quite a large portion ... there are costs to the "removal" that are not quite profitable ... or I don't see.

      It just a wee too long , too slow going, despite all the transatlantic events going without this notion of time ...

      Johanne
    • pattikoala
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 5, 2011
        good questions

        I too think this could have been wrapped up in 5 episodes--its too strung out

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
          YEAH grim... I'm totally mystified on what the 'reasoning' is behind
          what they're doing in the modules. Can't wait to find out more!

          Hugs, Melodi

          BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY ARE THE ONES
          WHO LET IN THE LIGHT

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
            At 02:11 PM 8/7/2011, Melodi Rayl, commented:
            >YEAH grim... I'm totally mystified on what the 'reasoning' is behind
            >what they're doing in the modules. Can't wait to find out more!
            >

            >Hugs, Melodi

            speculation

            while I suspect the true results of the immortality of Miracle Day
            were a 'mistake' - I can see PhiCorp looking at the situation as one
            to make money - all those category 1 patients will be cremated/burned
            alive and PhiCorp will simply claim to still be providing them with
            care and services and charging the governments and insurance
            companies ad infinitem

            burning the category 1 is one way to limit the drain on the resources
            of the world - recall they said it wouldn't take long before the
            drain of supplies and space would cause chaos - getting rid of those
            who would be dead otherwise - relieves some of that drain

            *shrug* what I want to know is the reference to 'the families shall
            rise again' from ep 4 - what families???

            pfyre

          • John
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
              Spoilers
              Spoilers
              Spoilers
              Spoilers

              Spoilers
              Spoilers
              Spoilers
              Spoilers

              Spoilers
              Spoilers
              Spoilers
              Spoilers

              Spoilers
              Spoilers
              Spoilers
              Spoilers

              I really want to know if Dr. Juarez makes it out of the cliffhanger?

              At 02:11 PM 8/7/2011, Melodi Rayl, commented:
              >YEAH grim... I'm totally mystified on what the 'reasoning' is behind
              >what they're doing in the modules. Can't wait to find out more!
              >

              >Hugs, Melodi

              speculation

              while I suspect the true results of the immortality of Miracle Day
              were a 'mistake' - I can see PhiCorp looking at the situation as one
              to make money - all those category 1 patients will be cremated/burned
              alive and PhiCorp will simply claim to still be providing them with
              care and services and charging the governments and insurance
              companies ad infinitem

              burning the category 1 is one way to limit the drain on the resources
              of the world - recall they said it wouldn't take long before the
              drain of supplies and space would cause chaos - getting rid of those
              who would be dead otherwise - relieves some of that drain

              *shrug* what I want to know is the reference to 'the families shall
              rise again' from ep 4 - what families???

              pfyre

            • Wiebke White
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
                REply below

                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
                  At 04:53 PM 8/7/2011, John, annotated:
                  >Spoilers
                  >Spoilers
                  >Spoilers
                  >Spoilers
                  >
                  >Spoilers
                  >Spoilers
                  >Spoilers
                  >Spoilers
                  >
                  >Spoilers
                  >Spoilers
                  >Spoilers
                  >Spoilers
                  >
                  >Spoilers
                  >Spoilers
                  >Spoilers
                  >Spoilers
                  >

                  >I really want to know if Dr. Juarez makes it out of the cliffhanger?

                  she's dead - no cliffhanger

                • pattikoala
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
                    At 02:11 PM 8/7/2011, Melodi Rayl, commented:
                    >YEAH grim... I'm totally mystified on what the 'reasoning' is behind
                    >what they're doing in the modules. Can't wait to find out more!
                    >

                    >Hugs, Melodi

                    speculation

                    while I suspect the true results of the immortality of Miracle Day
                    were a 'mistake' - I can see PhiCorp looking at the situation as one
                    to make money - all those category 1 patients will be cremated/burned
                    alive and PhiCorp will simply claim to still be providing them with
                    care and services and charging the governments and insurance
                    companies ad infinitem

                    burning the category 1 is one way to limit the drain on the resources
                    of the world - recall they said it wouldn't take long before the
                    drain of supplies and space would cause chaos - getting rid of those
                    who would be dead otherwise - relieves some of that drain

                    *shrug* what I want to know is the reference to 'the families shall
                    rise again' from ep 4 - what families???

                    pfyre

                    remember its someone from Jacks past--

                    but the guy "lived" in the episode where he exploded the bomb he was wearing so burning doesnt alway kill

                  • Joni
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011

                      Yeah but that guy was badly badly burnt. I'm assuming that they are
                      actually cremating people since that's what it looked like they were set up
                      for. We're not talking burnt people, we're talking ash, maybe some bone and
                      their fillings (and metal bits I suppose?). And while I can only assume the
                      cells on each particle would still be alive, the actual person would cease
                      to exist.

                      Joni

                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
                        At 08:44 PM 8/7/2011, pattikoala, annotated:

                        someone from Jack's past or not - they're leaving quite a trail of
                        breadcrumbs for us to debate over

                        but that was NOT complete immolation - like what is being done in
                        those modules - when they're done being burned all that will be left
                        is ash - unlike the guy that was wearing the bomb - there was still
                        recognizable parts of a body there

                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
                          At 08:54 PM 8/7/2011, Joni, annotated:

                          >Yeah but that guy was badly badly burnt. I'm assuming that they are
                          >actually cremating people since that's what it looked like they were
                          >set up for. We're not talking burnt people, we're talking ash,
                          >maybe some bone and their fillings (and metal bits I suppose?). And
                          >while I can only assume the cells on each particle would still be
                          >alive, the actual person would cease to exist.
                          >
                          >Joni

                          I would say that once the bodies are burnt to ash - the likelihood of
                          'consciousness' still being present is pretty damned closed to nil.
                          In some cases - i.e. that guy who had the bomb strapped to his chest
                          - when they showed him from certain angles it was gruesomely obvious
                          that there was little to no 'brain' matter in the skull [gaping hole
                          instead] - so even if the eyes were blinking and 'looking' at Jack
                          and the others in the autopsy/morgue - the idea of true consciousness
                          is pretty damned debatable. For someone in that condition or the
                          woman we saw whose husband kept strangling her until her brain was
                          soup and her neck was dust - cremation might just be the kindest
                          alternative to allowing the 'body' to keep on living. I'm not
                          advocating what PhiCorp is doing - cause obviously they're not being
                          all that picky or careful who they label as category 1 - if the so
                          called miracle continued on for a lengthy period of time - there
                          would have to be a way to get rid of the bodies of those with no
                          brain functions, etc. Cause as pointed out early on - they simply
                          become breeding grounds for infections, bacteria, viruses, etc. *shudder*

                          pfyre