SPOILERS - UK trailer for ep 5, BTS video...

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 4 8:48 PM
      SPOILERS - UK trailer for ep 5, BTS video...

      Torchwood: Miracle Day - Exclusive
      <http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkcwzq_torchwood-miracle-day-exclusive_shortfilms>
      John Barrowman, Captain Jack Harkness, presents (hosts) a BTS special
      for BBC's Torchwood: Miracle Day - featuring John, Eve Myles, Mekhi
      Phifer, Alexa Havins, Kai Owens and Bill Pullman.

      Torchwood: Miracle Day - 1.05 Categories of Life - UK trailer
      <http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkct4e_torchwood-miracle-day-1-05-categories-of-life-uk-trailer_shortfilms>
      UK trailer for episode 5 'Categories of Life' starring John Barrowman
      as Captain Jack Harkness
    • JoAnne Briere
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 5 8:07 PM
        Spoilers
        *
        *
        *
        *
        1
        2
        3
        4
        5
        Spoilers
        *
        (
        *
        (
        *
        (
        1
        2
        3
        4
        5
        Spoilers
        1
        2
        3
        4
        5

        What a grim story, what a slow paced story. Yet again, there was little and there was much in it.

        I've yet to see or comprendended the hints, if hints are given.

        I'm mostly written to ask what hints are you seeing, as to what drives this plot? and the gain for whoever leads this?

        The graphics seems to show category 2 as the bigger group of human on Earth; and the fact that going to category 1 seems to be a quick decision to make .... what is the point of having created an immortal in-humanity, if it's to get rid of quite a large portion ... there are costs to the "removal" that are not quite profitable ... or I don't see.

        It just a wee too long , too slow going, despite all the transatlantic events going without this notion of time ...

        Johanne
      • pattikoala
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 5 9:12 PM
          good questions

          I too think this could have been wrapped up in 5 episodes--its too strung out

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 7 11:11 AM
            YEAH grim... I'm totally mystified on what the 'reasoning' is behind
            what they're doing in the modules. Can't wait to find out more!

            Hugs, Melodi

            BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY ARE THE ONES
            WHO LET IN THE LIGHT

            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 7 1:46 PM
              At 02:11 PM 8/7/2011, Melodi Rayl, commented:
              >YEAH grim... I'm totally mystified on what the 'reasoning' is behind
              >what they're doing in the modules. Can't wait to find out more!
              >

              >Hugs, Melodi

              speculation

              while I suspect the true results of the immortality of Miracle Day
              were a 'mistake' - I can see PhiCorp looking at the situation as one
              to make money - all those category 1 patients will be cremated/burned
              alive and PhiCorp will simply claim to still be providing them with
              care and services and charging the governments and insurance
              companies ad infinitem

              burning the category 1 is one way to limit the drain on the resources
              of the world - recall they said it wouldn't take long before the
              drain of supplies and space would cause chaos - getting rid of those
              who would be dead otherwise - relieves some of that drain

              *shrug* what I want to know is the reference to 'the families shall
              rise again' from ep 4 - what families???

              pfyre

            • John
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 7 1:53 PM
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers

                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers

                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers

                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers

                I really want to know if Dr. Juarez makes it out of the cliffhanger?

                At 02:11 PM 8/7/2011, Melodi Rayl, commented:
                >YEAH grim... I'm totally mystified on what the 'reasoning' is behind
                >what they're doing in the modules. Can't wait to find out more!
                >

                >Hugs, Melodi

                speculation

                while I suspect the true results of the immortality of Miracle Day
                were a 'mistake' - I can see PhiCorp looking at the situation as one
                to make money - all those category 1 patients will be cremated/burned
                alive and PhiCorp will simply claim to still be providing them with
                care and services and charging the governments and insurance
                companies ad infinitem

                burning the category 1 is one way to limit the drain on the resources
                of the world - recall they said it wouldn't take long before the
                drain of supplies and space would cause chaos - getting rid of those
                who would be dead otherwise - relieves some of that drain

                *shrug* what I want to know is the reference to 'the families shall
                rise again' from ep 4 - what families???

                pfyre

              • Wiebke White
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 7 2:03 PM
                  REply below

                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 7 3:33 PM
                    At 04:53 PM 8/7/2011, John, annotated:
                    >Spoilers
                    >Spoilers
                    >Spoilers
                    >Spoilers
                    >
                    >Spoilers
                    >Spoilers
                    >Spoilers
                    >Spoilers
                    >
                    >Spoilers
                    >Spoilers
                    >Spoilers
                    >Spoilers
                    >
                    >Spoilers
                    >Spoilers
                    >Spoilers
                    >Spoilers
                    >

                    >I really want to know if Dr. Juarez makes it out of the cliffhanger?

                    she's dead - no cliffhanger

                  • pattikoala
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 7 5:44 PM
                      At 02:11 PM 8/7/2011, Melodi Rayl, commented:
                      >YEAH grim... I'm totally mystified on what the 'reasoning' is behind
                      >what they're doing in the modules. Can't wait to find out more!
                      >

                      >Hugs, Melodi

                      speculation

                      while I suspect the true results of the immortality of Miracle Day
                      were a 'mistake' - I can see PhiCorp looking at the situation as one
                      to make money - all those category 1 patients will be cremated/burned
                      alive and PhiCorp will simply claim to still be providing them with
                      care and services and charging the governments and insurance
                      companies ad infinitem

                      burning the category 1 is one way to limit the drain on the resources
                      of the world - recall they said it wouldn't take long before the
                      drain of supplies and space would cause chaos - getting rid of those
                      who would be dead otherwise - relieves some of that drain

                      *shrug* what I want to know is the reference to 'the families shall
                      rise again' from ep 4 - what families???

                      pfyre

                      remember its someone from Jacks past--

                      but the guy "lived" in the episode where he exploded the bomb he was wearing so burning doesnt alway kill

                    • Joni
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 7 5:54 PM

                        Yeah but that guy was badly badly burnt. I'm assuming that they are
                        actually cremating people since that's what it looked like they were set up
                        for. We're not talking burnt people, we're talking ash, maybe some bone and
                        their fillings (and metal bits I suppose?). And while I can only assume the
                        cells on each particle would still be alive, the actual person would cease
                        to exist.

                        Joni

                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 7 8:42 PM
                          At 08:44 PM 8/7/2011, pattikoala, annotated:

                          someone from Jack's past or not - they're leaving quite a trail of
                          breadcrumbs for us to debate over

                          but that was NOT complete immolation - like what is being done in
                          those modules - when they're done being burned all that will be left
                          is ash - unlike the guy that was wearing the bomb - there was still
                          recognizable parts of a body there

                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 7 9:41 PM
                            At 08:54 PM 8/7/2011, Joni, annotated:

                            >Yeah but that guy was badly badly burnt. I'm assuming that they are
                            >actually cremating people since that's what it looked like they were
                            >set up for. We're not talking burnt people, we're talking ash,
                            >maybe some bone and their fillings (and metal bits I suppose?). And
                            >while I can only assume the cells on each particle would still be
                            >alive, the actual person would cease to exist.
                            >
                            >Joni

                            I would say that once the bodies are burnt to ash - the likelihood of
                            'consciousness' still being present is pretty damned closed to nil.
                            In some cases - i.e. that guy who had the bomb strapped to his chest
                            - when they showed him from certain angles it was gruesomely obvious
                            that there was little to no 'brain' matter in the skull [gaping hole
                            instead] - so even if the eyes were blinking and 'looking' at Jack
                            and the others in the autopsy/morgue - the idea of true consciousness
                            is pretty damned debatable. For someone in that condition or the
                            woman we saw whose husband kept strangling her until her brain was
                            soup and her neck was dust - cremation might just be the kindest
                            alternative to allowing the 'body' to keep on living. I'm not
                            advocating what PhiCorp is doing - cause obviously they're not being
                            all that picky or careful who they label as category 1 - if the so
                            called miracle continued on for a lengthy period of time - there
                            would have to be a way to get rid of the bodies of those with no
                            brain functions, etc. Cause as pointed out early on - they simply
                            become breeding grounds for infections, bacteria, viruses, etc. *shudder*

                            pfyre