Re: [torchwood] Re: 'Torchwood': Sex, spin-offs and sci-fi

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 3, 2011
      At 07:12 PM 8/1/2011, leanne1672@..., annotated:
      >I completely disagree. Jack loves Gwen but it's not a sexual love.
      >Jack doesn't need to be intimate with EVERY person he encounters.
      >They had chemistry early on but now they've developed into a best
      >friendship. I do NOT want to see them hook up.

      I agree that Jack 'loves' Gwen but as we've seen demonstrated since
      series one - it is not a sexual, romantic, let's fall into bed type
      of love - at least not any more - he did LEAVE her behind when he
      left earth at the end of COE - and I think that may have finally
      gotten through to her.

      And honestly I pretty much only saw 'forced' chemistry btwn Jack and
      Gwen - like RTD and the writers wanted there to be more btwn Jack and
      Gwen and it didn't translate to the screen

      pfyre