for all those complaining about a 'different Jack' and a too Americanized 'Torchwood'...

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31 11:02 AM
      SDCC 2011: Torchwood interviews - John Barrowman (Jack Harkness)
      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAQixH-XLpA>
      John answers some questions about Jack and Torchwood: Miracle Day

      SDCC 2011: Torchwood John Barrowman (Jack Harkness)
      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC6EAxwzMLI>
      Interview with John Barrowman (Jack Harkness) of Torchwood: Miracle Day
    • Melodi Rayl
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 16, 2011
        My brother and I FINALLY had a chance to watch the last episode... It
        was driving me crazy that we hadn't done it yet.

        We loved it.

        This story arc, the first few episodes, started SOOO slow that my brother
        played computer games while they were on. And so little JACK!! Jack
        IS Torchwood, at least to me, and they sure didn't do much with his
        character, except for the background stuff - love connection, torture, etc.
        But once the story started moving, we think it got better and better.

        I loved the whole twist of immortality vs. Jack's mortality. I just wish
        the families had been destroyed so we wouldn't have to see any more
        of them... <sigh>

        My favorite scene in the WHOLE story arc was that one intense scene
        between Oswald (LOVE Bill P.!) and Jack, where Jack ends up telling
        him how tiny he has made his life. My brother and I kept going 'Wow...'
        afterwards. GREAT acting, GREAT directing, just PERFECT...

        The ending twist with Rex is fascinating. Can't wait to see if the
        immortality lasts. I'm assuming it will, maybe? But he's not a fixed point
        in time, like Jack...

        And I like Gwen, even though she done some things that I consider
        pretty stupid. I can understand her ferocious mother bear protection
        instinct towards her family. It'll be interesting to see if she stays in the
        US to work with the others.

        Melodi