'Torchwood': Sex, spin-offs and sci-fi

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 25, 2011
      from the Offical CNN site - mostly like U.S. only access....

      'Torchwood': Sex, spin-offs and sci-fi
      <http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/showbiz/2011/07/24/natpkg.torchwood.whatsnext.cnn>

      cnn.com 2 min - 1 hour ago
      Will Captain Jack and Gwen Cooper ever get together? The "Torchwood"
      stars tell CNN what's next for the pair.

    • fashionata18
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 26, 2011
        okay yea I get what thier saying but SO NOT what I wanted to hear. NO offence to Eve and John but thank goodness they aren't the wirters. cause as far as I'm concerned when it does end Gwen and Jack HAVE TO have atleast tried to be together. Otherwise whats the pay off for their long time fans? Because sooner or later the fan will get tried of the characters walking that line and its like pick a damn side your driving ua all crazy. And if you drag this will they won't they out too long people will get dissolutioned and angry.like With the X-Files they waited too long and to brought down the whole series.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 26, 2011
          sorry but I heartily agree with both John and Eve on this issue - the
          chase is much more interesting than the catch AND if Gwen suddenly
          decides to cheat on Rhys with Jack - I hope Rhys divorces her and
          takes full custody of their child - for far too long they've had Gwen
          have an unhealthy stalker like fixation on Jack and Jack being Jack
          flirts with anything with a heartbeat but you've noticed he's not bed
          her despite her more than obvious and overt desires

          a lot of fans myself included have NEVER wanted Jack and Gwen
          together PERIOD and to put them together by 'the end of the series'
          would only seriously anger and disgust many of us

          The X-Files was brought down by the poor writing and the overblown
          dramatics of Anderson leaving to have her child, Duchovney leaving -
          both returning - blah blah blah - by the time they got them together
          a huge faction of the original die-hard audience had tossed in the
          towel and no longer gave a damn - in other words The X-Files sucked
          at the end because of hubris on Chris Carter's part.

          pfyre

          At 08:00 AM 7/26/2011, fashionata18, annotated:

        • kaki4@nc.rr.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 26, 2011
            Some of us don't see Gwen and Jack as having any sexual chemistry. For me, there is no line at all. If Gwen and Jack were to get together at any time other than extreme emotional pain (the kind where people have a tendency to reach out to the familiar even when they never would have otherwise), it would be major shark jumping. Plus very squicky.

            That said, I am finding that I like Gwen for the first time this season. Not enough to care if she gets killed off, but enough to think there is some merit in her being on the show. She doesn't have that whiny little girl me-me-me thing going which is wonderful.

            I do see Jack and Gwen as developing a kind of sibling thing. Mostly it always seemed to me that Gwen wanted Jack (and Owen and Rhys and. . .) and that Jack saw Gwen as a cute kid, something different in life.

            Kaki

          • dizzheart@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 26, 2011
              In a message dated 7/26/2011 8:23:36 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
              oshaun@... writes:

              The X-Files was brought down by the poor writing and the overblown
              dramatics of Anderson leaving to have her child, Duchovney leaving -
              both returning - blah blah blah - by the time they got them together
              a huge faction of the original die-hard audience had tossed in the
              towel and no longer gave a damn - in other words The X-Files sucked
              at the end because of hubris on Chris Carter's part. >>

              I agree that was a big problem - trying to hold on to the show with only
              half the main cast (Anderson) because Duchovny wanted to leave (mostly due
              to that lawsuit). Carter should have ended the show at that point but the
              dollar signs were just too overwhelming.

              However X Files had a lot more problems than that! Chris Carter never had
              a clue where he was going and the thing became incoherent and self
              contradictory. Most fans I spoke with said all the bureaucratic infighting &
              conspiracy stuff was boring and wanted more UFOs, more aliens, more
              strangeness.

              I have all the episodes but the only ones I rewatch are from the first 2
              - 3 years plus the funny ones (which were brilliant).

              Janice

            • JoAnne Briere
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 26, 2011
                I'll pu this spoiler here,
                spoiler
                spoiler
                1
                2
                3
                4
                5
                6
                7
                8
                9
                10
                spoiler
                spoiler
                because it's the only place I can. It's very very spoilerish, so careful in reading please.
                spoiler
                spoiler
                spoiler
                spoiler
                spoiler
                spoiler
                spoiler
                spoiler
                spoiler
                spoiler

                Starz and Space have already aired episode 3. For Space , in Canada , it was Saturday night 9 pm .. and the scene between Jack and Brad a bartender, was shown in its entirety (entierement). No cuts, nothing.

                However, Space reruns TW on Tuesday night at 8 pm (it's now 8:46 Montreal time) and the scene ... welll ...

                didn't run at all.

                There was the meeting with Brad at the bar. There was Jack and Brad in Brad's appartment. Brad bottom part with pixelled out (on television, it was pixelled out) but the dialogue remains.

                Then came Rex and the doctor; she bents to kiss him.

                That's it.

                Oswald Dane scene.

                Rex and the doctor talking about PhilCorp.

                Brad sleeping and Jack calling Gwen.

                If you didn't know about an existing missing scene, you don't miss it at all. That's the change. But the pixxelled out ... oh dear.

                Ridiculous ????????

                Johanne
              • leanne1672@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 1, 2011
                  I completely disagree. Jack loves Gwen but it's not a sexual love. Jack doesn't need to be intimate with EVERY person he encounters. They had chemistry early on but now they've developed into a best friendship. I do NOT want to see them hook up.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 3, 2011
                    At 07:12 PM 8/1/2011, leanne1672@..., annotated:
                    >I completely disagree. Jack loves Gwen but it's not a sexual love.
                    >Jack doesn't need to be intimate with EVERY person he encounters.
                    >They had chemistry early on but now they've developed into a best
                    >friendship. I do NOT want to see them hook up.

                    I agree that Jack 'loves' Gwen but as we've seen demonstrated since
                    series one - it is not a sexual, romantic, let's fall into bed type
                    of love - at least not any more - he did LEAVE her behind when he
                    left earth at the end of COE - and I think that may have finally
                    gotten through to her.

                    And honestly I pretty much only saw 'forced' chemistry btwn Jack and
                    Gwen - like RTD and the writers wanted there to be more btwn Jack and
                    Gwen and it didn't translate to the screen

                    pfyre