Summer TV Guide: Beyond the Basics

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2011
      Summer TV Guide: Beyond the Basics
      Jenny Kobiela-Mondor
      Friday, 17 June 2011 05:48

      There are definitely summer shows to watch on the four major
      networks, but if you have cable or a satellite dish, odds are you'll
      be even happier to watch some of the programming they have to offer
      this summer. I know I'm looking forward to several shows this summer.
      Here are some of the most promising.

      [excerpt]

      Torchwood: Miracle Day (Fridays on Starz; premieres July 8): Everyone
      who's up on British sci-fi probably already has July 8 marked on
      their calendar (I know I have!), but for those of you not lucky
      enough to have experienced this Doctor Who spinoff ... don't miss
      this show! Torchwood focuses on a group of people who are protecting
      earth from aliens, and in Miracle Day it moves from Cardiff, Wales,
      to the U.S. The plot follows the chaos on earth when, suddenly,
      nobody can die. It's a continuation of the BBC series, so if you have
      Netflix you might want to catch up on the show, or at least the
      Children of Earth miniseries, but even if the first episode of
      Miracle Day is your first experience with Torchwood, there shouldn't
      be too much of a learning curve.

      source:http://www.fwdailynews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13136:Summer-TV-Guide:-Beyond-the-Basics&catid=178:jenny-kobiela-mondor&Itemid=157