7 summer TV shows that you'll want to skip the beach for

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2011
      7 summer TV shows that you'll want to skip the beach for

      BY PAIGE WISER TV Critic/pwiser@... Jun 3, 2011 02:18AM

      Too often, we're fair-weather frenemies with our televisions,
      deserting them at the first hint of reasonable weather.

      Not this summer. There are plenty of shows to keep us inside, pale
      and mesmerized, for months.

      [excerpt]

      'Torchwood: Miracle Day'

      If you liked Joliet's John Barrowman as the mad bomber on last
      season's "Desperate Housewives," you'll be obsessed with him in
      "Torchwood." This is the fourth series of the popular U.K. "Doctor
      Who" spinoff, transplanted to Los Angeles (and Starz).

      Barrowman is the ageless, bisexual Capt. Jack Harkness, who battles
      alien threats in a sweeping World War II greatcoat. He and Gwen (Eve
      Myles) are the only surviving team members, called back to duty to
      investigate an odd situation: Everyone in the world has stopped
      dying. 9 p.m. [cdt] July 8 on Starz.

      source:
      <http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/television/5738839-421/7-shows-to-stay-in-for.html>http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/television/5738839-421/7-shows-to-stay-in-for.html