Re: [torchwood] Anyone Here?

  • R Hall
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 5, 2011
      *waves to you in hibernation,* Wiebke.... I've been in hibernation as well but
      thought I'd come out of it momentarily to see what's happening.

      Yes, there is no 2011 Torchwood calendar and no more Torchwood magazine issues
      at this point. I agree with your understanding that we should get new
      merchandise when S4 begins. I'm guessing there will also be new Torchwood books
      that include the characters in S4. This is fine with me, as it allows me to
      save some money for awhile.

      Robbie

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 5, 2011
        Are you referring to the Torchwood comics being in comic-book form to be found
        in comic-book shops? Please excuse what may be a stupid question. Obviously, I
        haven't read any of these but would like to. Can I get them online?

        Robbie

        ________________________________
        From: R Hall <snark_angel@...>
        To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Friday, November 26, 2010, 7:13 PM

        Is anyone in this group posting, or are you waiting until next year? <snipping
        my own message> Okay, I'll go back to sleep.

        Robbie

        ,_._,___

      • R Hall
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 5, 2011
          Morning, Robin.

          I usually prefer to lurk, too, but I am replying to you and others via the group
          who responded to my inquiries. I thought that perhaps no one would respond; I'm
          glad to see that some of you did, and you have my thanks.

          There's been some news about the new people cast for S4. As I understand it,
          John, Eve, and Kai will be part of it. I have no idea whether that is actually
          true, but I hope so.

          I live on the U. S. West coast in Washington state. In the particular area
          where I live, it's a bit chillier at night than during the day. We alternate
          between rain and sun, and the temps are in their "normal" 40s. We're doing
          fine. Too bad that isn't true of other parts of the state and in the Eastern
          states. Bad stuff going on there....

          Robbie (nee Robyn)

          ________________________________
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 5, 2011
            Interesting! When I checked the Danilo site awhile back, there was no mention
            of any 2011 calendar for Torchwood. I emailed the company about it but received
            no reply. I believe I'll contact the company again and ask about the one that's
            now being mentioned.

            Thanks for the information.

            Robbie

            ________________________________
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 5, 2011
              According to the Danilo website, which is the company from which I've received
              all of my Torchwood calendars from the beginning, there is a 2011 calendar. I
              shall research this and let you know what I find out if you want to know.

              Although since RussWho4 saw it first, maybe he can research and advise. What
              say you, Russ?

              Robbie

              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 16, 2011
                Don't know where you are located but I found the comics at Barnes and Noble.
                I was quite surprised because they never carried the magazine. The comics
                are a US publication so I guess that is why.

                JB and GDL's comics were orginally published in the magazines in UK.