Going Hollywood

  • deansantaana
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 11, 2010
      A while back, when FOX was interested in an American version of Torchwood, I jokingly posted that the new Torchwood headquarters would be under the Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood which would explain all the weird things going on in Hollywood.

      January 11th, Torchwood starts filming its new series in Hollywood, not far from the Hollywood sign in the Hollywood Hills somewhere. Not living too far of a drive from Hollywood, I was wondering if anybody here had any idea where in the Hollywood Hills the filming is going to take place for its duration.

      The filming starts four days after my birthday and seeing Torchwood filmed within a short drive would make for a hell of nice late birthday present.

      Thank you for any information.

      Dean L. Kaufman
      Santa Ana, California
    • Lynn
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 13, 2010
        On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 8:36 AM, deansantaana
        <deanlkaufman@...> wrote:

        > January 11th, Torchwood starts filming its new series in Hollywood,
        > not far from the Hollywood sign in the Hollywood Hills somewhere.
        > Not living too far of a drive from Hollywood, I was wondering if
        > anybody here had any idea where in > the Hollywood Hills the filming > is going to take place for its duration.

        Unless you've heard some specific news that I've totally missed, I'm
        not sure where you get the "Hollywood Hills" idea?

        In the entertainment press, "Hollywood" is usually just a shorthand
        for "Los Angeles." There isn't a whole lot of studio and lot space in
        Hollywood -- there's some, but there's more in other areas. They
        could be doing location shoots anywhere in the city or in the
        surrounding area, and interiors could be shot in Culver City or
        Burbank or somewhere else just as easily as in Hollywood proper.

        LA isn't Cardiff, sadly. It's pretty hard to watch filming of
        anything -- sets usually have pretty tight security, and streets
        are generally closed off. If they need to film in a big public
        setting and do it without closing things, then it will be possible,
        but it will probably be hard to know about beforehand.

        -Lynn
      • Karel
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 13, 2010
          I think you misread something somewhere. Eve Myles is renting a house near
          the Hollywood sign. Last I read, they have no idea yet where they are
          filming.