Re: [torchwood] Anyone Here?

  • Mark Hadlund
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 7, 2010
      I'm here but there hasn't been much to discuss. BTW, is anyone else reading the Torchwood comics? John Barrowman and Gareth David-lloyd have written stories for it.

      Mark

      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 5, 2011
        *waves to you in hibernation,* Wiebke.... I've been in hibernation as well but
        thought I'd come out of it momentarily to see what's happening.

        Yes, there is no 2011 Torchwood calendar and no more Torchwood magazine issues
        at this point. I agree with your understanding that we should get new
        merchandise when S4 begins. I'm guessing there will also be new Torchwood books
        that include the characters in S4. This is fine with me, as it allows me to
        save some money for awhile.

        Robbie

        ________________________________
        I guess there isn't a 2011 Torchwood Calendar... the Torchwood Magazine has been

        discontinued (If I understand right with a view to new merchandise in
        conjunction with Starz)

        *goes back into hibernation*

        Wiebke

        ________________________________
        Is anyone in this group posting, or are you waiting until next year? I asked
        whether there's a Torchwood 2011 calendar and got no reply. I guess you're all
        in hibernation until it's time for Torchwood S4. Okay, I'll go back to sleep.
        ;)

        Robbie

        _

      • R Hall
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 5, 2011
          Are you referring to the Torchwood comics being in comic-book form to be found
          in comic-book shops? Please excuse what may be a stupid question. Obviously, I
          haven't read any of these but would like to. Can I get them online?

          Robbie

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 5, 2011
            Morning, Robin.

            I usually prefer to lurk, too, but I am replying to you and others via the group
            who responded to my inquiries. I thought that perhaps no one would respond; I'm
            glad to see that some of you did, and you have my thanks.

            There's been some news about the new people cast for S4. As I understand it,
            John, Eve, and Kai will be part of it. I have no idea whether that is actually
            true, but I hope so.

            I live on the U. S. West coast in Washington state. In the particular area
            where I live, it's a bit chillier at night than during the day. We alternate
            between rain and sun, and the temps are in their "normal" 40s. We're doing
            fine. Too bad that isn't true of other parts of the state and in the Eastern
            states. Bad stuff going on there....

            Robbie (nee Robyn)

            ________________________________
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 5, 2011
              Interesting! When I checked the Danilo site awhile back, there was no mention
              of any 2011 calendar for Torchwood. I emailed the company about it but received
              no reply. I believe I'll contact the company again and ask about the one that's
              now being mentioned.

              Thanks for the information.

              Robbie

              ________________________________
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 5, 2011
                According to the Danilo website, which is the company from which I've received
                all of my Torchwood calendars from the beginning, there is a 2011 calendar. I
                shall research this and let you know what I find out if you want to know.

                Although since RussWho4 saw it first, maybe he can research and advise. What
                say you, Russ?

                Robbie

                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 16, 2011
                  Don't know where you are located but I found the comics at Barnes and Noble.
                  I was quite surprised because they never carried the magazine. The comics
                  are a US publication so I guess that is why.

                  JB and GDL's comics were orginally published in the magazines in UK.