Re: [torchwood] Anyone Here?

  • Mark Hadlund
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 7, 2010
      I'm here but there hasn't been much to discuss. BTW, is anyone else reading the Torchwood comics? John Barrowman and Gareth David-lloyd have written stories for it.

      Mark

      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 7, 2010
        *waves*

        I guess there isn't a 2011 Torchwood Calendar... the Torchwood Magazine has been
        discontinued (If I understand right with a view to new merchandise in
        conjunction with Starz)

        *goes back into hibernation*

        Wiebke

        ________________________________
        Is anyone in this group posting, or are you waiting until next year?  I asked
        whether there's a Torchwood 2011 calendar and got no reply.  I guess you're all
        in hibernation until it's time for Torchwood S4.  Okay, I'll go back to sleep.
        ;)

        Robbie

      • R Hall
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 5, 2011
          *waves to you in hibernation,* Wiebke.... I've been in hibernation as well but
          thought I'd come out of it momentarily to see what's happening.

          Yes, there is no 2011 Torchwood calendar and no more Torchwood magazine issues
          at this point. I agree with your understanding that we should get new
          merchandise when S4 begins. I'm guessing there will also be new Torchwood books
          that include the characters in S4. This is fine with me, as it allows me to
          save some money for awhile.

          Robbie

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 5, 2011
            Are you referring to the Torchwood comics being in comic-book form to be found
            in comic-book shops? Please excuse what may be a stupid question. Obviously, I
            haven't read any of these but would like to. Can I get them online?

            Robbie

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 5, 2011
              Morning, Robin.

              I usually prefer to lurk, too, but I am replying to you and others via the group
              who responded to my inquiries. I thought that perhaps no one would respond; I'm
              glad to see that some of you did, and you have my thanks.

              There's been some news about the new people cast for S4. As I understand it,
              John, Eve, and Kai will be part of it. I have no idea whether that is actually
              true, but I hope so.

              I live on the U. S. West coast in Washington state. In the particular area
              where I live, it's a bit chillier at night than during the day. We alternate
              between rain and sun, and the temps are in their "normal" 40s. We're doing
              fine. Too bad that isn't true of other parts of the state and in the Eastern
              states. Bad stuff going on there....

              Robbie (nee Robyn)

              ________________________________
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 5, 2011
                Interesting! When I checked the Danilo site awhile back, there was no mention
                of any 2011 calendar for Torchwood. I emailed the company about it but received
                no reply. I believe I'll contact the company again and ask about the one that's
                now being mentioned.

                Thanks for the information.

                Robbie

                ________________________________
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 5, 2011
                  According to the Danilo website, which is the company from which I've received
                  all of my Torchwood calendars from the beginning, there is a 2011 calendar. I
                  shall research this and let you know what I find out if you want to know.

                  Although since RussWho4 saw it first, maybe he can research and advise. What
                  say you, Russ?

                  Robbie

                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 16, 2011
                    Don't know where you are located but I found the comics at Barnes and Noble.
                    I was quite surprised because they never carried the magazine. The comics
                    are a US publication so I guess that is why.

                    JB and GDL's comics were orginally published in the magazines in UK.