Re: [torchwood] Anyone Here?

  • Robin Suriah
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 7, 2010
      R Hall wrote:
      > Is anyone in this group posting, or are you waiting until next year? I
      > asked
      > whether there's a Torchwood 2011 calendar and got no reply. I guess
      > you're all in hibernation until it's time for Torchwood S4.

      Morning Robbie

      I am on here [ Lurker by nature *grin* ]
      I don't think there is much going, spoilers etc
      and with he USA airtimes not sure if "safe" to post any specualtions or
      gossip etc

      How you doing in this lovely Chilly winter we having?

      Cheers
      Robin

      --
      Many Thanx
      Robin

      MOORGATE LIBRARY
      London Metropolitan University
      84 Moorgate
      London EC2M 6SQ

      0207-320-1698

      www.londonmet.ac.uk/library

      http://twitter.com/londonmetlib

      Companies Act 2006 : http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/companyinfo
    • Mark Hadlund
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 7, 2010
        I'm here but there hasn't been much to discuss. BTW, is anyone else reading the Torchwood comics? John Barrowman and Gareth David-lloyd have written stories for it.

        Mark

        Is anyone in this group posting, or are you waiting until next year?  I asked

        whether there's a Torchwood 2011 calendar and got no reply.  I guess you're all

        in hibernation until it's time for Torchwood S4.  Okay, I'll go back to sleep.

        ;)

        Robbie

      • Wiebke White
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 7, 2010
          *waves*

          I guess there isn't a 2011 Torchwood Calendar... the Torchwood Magazine has been
          discontinued (If I understand right with a view to new merchandise in
          conjunction with Starz)

          *goes back into hibernation*

          Wiebke

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 5, 2011
            *waves to you in hibernation,* Wiebke.... I've been in hibernation as well but
            thought I'd come out of it momentarily to see what's happening.

            Yes, there is no 2011 Torchwood calendar and no more Torchwood magazine issues
            at this point. I agree with your understanding that we should get new
            merchandise when S4 begins. I'm guessing there will also be new Torchwood books
            that include the characters in S4. This is fine with me, as it allows me to
            save some money for awhile.

            Robbie

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 5, 2011
              Are you referring to the Torchwood comics being in comic-book form to be found
              in comic-book shops? Please excuse what may be a stupid question. Obviously, I
              haven't read any of these but would like to. Can I get them online?

              Robbie

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 5, 2011
                Morning, Robin.

                I usually prefer to lurk, too, but I am replying to you and others via the group
                who responded to my inquiries. I thought that perhaps no one would respond; I'm
                glad to see that some of you did, and you have my thanks.

                There's been some news about the new people cast for S4. As I understand it,
                John, Eve, and Kai will be part of it. I have no idea whether that is actually
                true, but I hope so.

                I live on the U. S. West coast in Washington state. In the particular area
                where I live, it's a bit chillier at night than during the day. We alternate
                between rain and sun, and the temps are in their "normal" 40s. We're doing
                fine. Too bad that isn't true of other parts of the state and in the Eastern
                states. Bad stuff going on there....

                Robbie (nee Robyn)

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 5, 2011
                  Interesting! When I checked the Danilo site awhile back, there was no mention
                  of any 2011 calendar for Torchwood. I emailed the company about it but received
                  no reply. I believe I'll contact the company again and ask about the one that's
                  now being mentioned.

                  Thanks for the information.

                  Robbie

                  ________________________________
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 5, 2011
                    According to the Danilo website, which is the company from which I've received
                    all of my Torchwood calendars from the beginning, there is a 2011 calendar. I
                    shall research this and let you know what I find out if you want to know.

                    Although since RussWho4 saw it first, maybe he can research and advise. What
                    say you, Russ?

                    Robbie

                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 16, 2011
                      Don't know where you are located but I found the comics at Barnes and Noble.
                      I was quite surprised because they never carried the magazine. The comics
                      are a US publication so I guess that is why.

                      JB and GDL's comics were orginally published in the magazines in UK.