Re: [torchwood] Anyone Here?

  • Melda4824@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 6, 2010
      i checked a couple of sites too. They must not be making one this year. sad
      Amanda

      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 6, 2010
        I found one here

        http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/category/books/annuals-calendars/

        but they don't have a pic of it...

        --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, R Hall <snark_angel@...> wrote:

        > Is anyone in this group posting, or are you waiting until next year?  I asked
        > whether there's a Torchwood 2011 calendar and got no reply.  I guess you're all
        > in hibernation until it's time for Torchwood S4.  Okay, I'll go back to sleep.
        > ;)
        >
        > Robbie

      • Robin Suriah
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 7, 2010
          R Hall wrote:
          > Is anyone in this group posting, or are you waiting until next year? I
          > asked
          > whether there's a Torchwood 2011 calendar and got no reply. I guess
          > you're all in hibernation until it's time for Torchwood S4.

          Morning Robbie

          I am on here [ Lurker by nature *grin* ]
          I don't think there is much going, spoilers etc
          and with he USA airtimes not sure if "safe" to post any specualtions or
          gossip etc

          How you doing in this lovely Chilly winter we having?

          Cheers
          Robin

          --
          Many Thanx
          Robin

          MOORGATE LIBRARY
          London Metropolitan University
          84 Moorgate
          London EC2M 6SQ

          0207-320-1698

          www.londonmet.ac.uk/library

          http://twitter.com/londonmetlib

          Companies Act 2006 : http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/companyinfo
        • Mark Hadlund
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 7, 2010
            I'm here but there hasn't been much to discuss. BTW, is anyone else reading the Torchwood comics? John Barrowman and Gareth David-lloyd have written stories for it.

            Mark

            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 7, 2010
              *waves*

              I guess there isn't a 2011 Torchwood Calendar... the Torchwood Magazine has been
              discontinued (If I understand right with a view to new merchandise in
              conjunction with Starz)

              *goes back into hibernation*

              Wiebke

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 5, 2011
                *waves to you in hibernation,* Wiebke.... I've been in hibernation as well but
                thought I'd come out of it momentarily to see what's happening.

                Yes, there is no 2011 Torchwood calendar and no more Torchwood magazine issues
                at this point. I agree with your understanding that we should get new
                merchandise when S4 begins. I'm guessing there will also be new Torchwood books
                that include the characters in S4. This is fine with me, as it allows me to
                save some money for awhile.

                Robbie

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 5, 2011
                  Are you referring to the Torchwood comics being in comic-book form to be found
                  in comic-book shops? Please excuse what may be a stupid question. Obviously, I
                  haven't read any of these but would like to. Can I get them online?

                  Robbie

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 5, 2011
                    Morning, Robin.

                    I usually prefer to lurk, too, but I am replying to you and others via the group
                    who responded to my inquiries. I thought that perhaps no one would respond; I'm
                    glad to see that some of you did, and you have my thanks.

                    There's been some news about the new people cast for S4. As I understand it,
                    John, Eve, and Kai will be part of it. I have no idea whether that is actually
                    true, but I hope so.

                    I live on the U. S. West coast in Washington state. In the particular area
                    where I live, it's a bit chillier at night than during the day. We alternate
                    between rain and sun, and the temps are in their "normal" 40s. We're doing
                    fine. Too bad that isn't true of other parts of the state and in the Eastern
                    states. Bad stuff going on there....

                    Robbie (nee Robyn)

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 5, 2011
                      Interesting! When I checked the Danilo site awhile back, there was no mention
                      of any 2011 calendar for Torchwood. I emailed the company about it but received
                      no reply. I believe I'll contact the company again and ask about the one that's
                      now being mentioned.

                      Thanks for the information.

                      Robbie

                      ________________________________
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 5, 2011
                        According to the Danilo website, which is the company from which I've received
                        all of my Torchwood calendars from the beginning, there is a 2011 calendar. I
                        shall research this and let you know what I find out if you want to know.

                        Although since RussWho4 saw it first, maybe he can research and advise. What
                        say you, Russ?

                        Robbie

                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 16, 2011
                          Don't know where you are located but I found the comics at Barnes and Noble.
                          I was quite surprised because they never carried the magazine. The comics
                          are a US publication so I guess that is why.

                          JB and GDL's comics were orginally published in the magazines in UK.