Hello

  • Stephanie S
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 24, 2010
      Hi, everyone! I'm Steph, and I've become a fan of Torchwood ever since I picked up a copy of Children of Earth from the library. Right now I can't afford to buy the sets because I'm out of work, but hopefully that will change very soon. My favorite character is Captain Jack --what can I say, he is such a cutie!

      Anyway, I thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself. I look forward to chatting with you all very soon!
    • Jakx
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 6, 2010
        There is also an official John Barrowman yahoo group, that keeps you up to date with all his activities on TV, on Radio, and on stage.

        And he is a very busy man, so there`s something virtually every week.

        Oh, and you do know that Doctor Who first introduced us to Captain Jack Harkness? firstly with Christopher Eccleston`s Doctor (5 eps from Nu Who season 1), and then with David Tennant (a couple of eps with season 3, and 3 eps from season 4).

        Happy Capt Jack watching. :)

        Jakx

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 7, 2010
          I know about the Barrowman news and discussion groups on Yahoo. I'm
          getting the emails from the news group, but I have yet to be approved for the
          discussion group. Weird.

          I've seen Captain Jack's appearances in David Tennant's Doctor Who, but as
          usual the local library is taking it's sweet time getting the Christopher
          Eccleston series to me; I'm THAT far down on the waiting list. I've
          already watched Children of Earth several times over (that seems to be the
          easiest one to procure from the library, although I occasionally have to get more
          than one copy because the DVDs are so scratched up sometimes as to be
          unplayable, so I have to switch back and forth between sets); as a matter of
          fact, it's what led me to check out the series itself. I'm also working my
          way through the orchwood books when I can get them from the library, and
          they're pretty interesting too.

          Steph

          In a message dated 12/7/2010 4:25:45 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
          jakx.willmott@... writes:

          There is also an official John Barrowman yahoo group, that keeps you up to
          date with all his activities on TV, on Radio, and on stage.

          And he is a very busy man, so there`s something virtually every week.

          Oh, and you do know that Doctor Who first introduced us to Captain Jack
          Harkness? firstly with Christopher Eccleston`s Doctor (5 eps from Nu Who
          season 1), and then with David Tennant (a couple of eps with season 3, and 3 e
          ps from season 4).

          Happy Capt Jack watching. :)

          Jakx

        • Charles Galloway
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 10, 2010
            Might be nice to post the details of the Barrowman news and discussion groups for those of us who don't know? Also are any for
            Eve Myles ?

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 13, 2010
              There's links to the Barrowman news and discussion groups on
              JohnBarrowman.com, if I recall. I haven't seen anything for Eve Myles specifically, but
              if you do a search on Yahoogroups you might come up with something.

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 10, 2013
                Hello.

                I could not open this one, either.  The error message said that the page was not found.  I'll contact Dean Kaufman about this one, too, just in case he could open it.

                Robbie