Omega Factor - The Precursor to Torchwood

  • giant.squid@virgin.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 20 2:37 AM
      I just got an email from Amazon because I had bought the Kolchak:The Night Stalker boxset and they thought I might be interested in this:

      (You might have to cut and paste the URL into a browser window for this to work.)

      Now, somehow, I have completely missed this show. I hadn't even heard of it,

      ***This was Louise Jamesons first programme after being Leela in Doctor Who way back when.  I do recall seeing it at the time, but couldn't really have told you much about it until a couple of weeks ago when I got it to while away the hours on a long train journey.

      It does suffer a bit from slow editting (pre-MTV and fast editing) but it really is worthwhile get hold of this.  Yes, you're right in that it's not the most original of premises, but it's done with a verve and flair that only the BBC could manage....I'm about half way through and have enjoyed every minute.

      Lots of Crowleyan Magick, psycho-kinesis, telepathy, hauntings (bloody scary considering you don't actually see anything) and all rather marvellous......buy, buy. buy!!

      Will
    • Patrick Power
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 20 3:46 AM
        Thanks Will. It is definitely on my list to buy along with Sapphire & Steel and more movies and TV show boxsets than I can reasonably count. LOL

        "giant.squid@..." <giant.squid@...> wrote:
[...]

        http://BugEyedMonsterSociety.bravehost.com

        American Whovian: A Site for U.S. Doctor Who Fans
        http://americanwhovian.bravehost.com/

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 20 10:36 AM
          I saw it on first transmission & don't remember being particularly
          impressed. On the other hand, it WAS a long time ago & I've noted
          Colin's enthusiastic recommendation on the Doctor's Receptacle group.
          Let us know what you think of it & maybe I'll give it another go as
          well!

          --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, Patrick Power

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 21 2:55 AM
            It will probably be a few weeks before I can pick it up, but I will let you know. :-)