Re: [torchwood] Re: Russel T Davies & CoE

  • tonyrw197088@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 3, 2010
      There's only one minor problem with that theory (of the gloves, or Risen Mitten as Ianto named it): both of them have been destroyed. The first was destroyed at the end of "They Keep Killing Suzie" and the second was destroyed during "Dead Man Walking". LOVE the theory, but unless they can "find" another set, it just won't work. Not that I don't want it to; I mean, the entire scene of Ianto's death was heart-rending and still is to this day.

      What I'm NOT looking forward to is what RTD has wanted from the beginning (back when Torchwood was still named "Excalibur") and that is Gwen being the primary focus of everything. Call me a fan-geek (and I am PROUD to be one) but I prefer what became canon: Jack is the "big damn hero" with Ianto as his love. Or, as I've often said: Gwen may be the "heart of Torchwood" but Ianto Jones was, and always will be, the SOUL of Torchwood.

      Just my tuppence,

      Tony