Dr versus captain jack

  • chrisgaren555
    Message 1 of 44 , Jul 24, 2010
      Hi,
      I liked your review Gilbeymichael but can I just correct a small point.The Doctor knew Rose had resuscitated jack but left him on the space station because he felt Jack was "wrong".He was a fixed point in time and therefore should not exist and at the time the Dr could not deal with this.They sort it out the next time they meet and Jack says"You mean you were predjudiced" and the Dr replies "I hadn't thought of it like that"(I can remember that but ask me to name an episode and I havent a clue lol)The first Torchwood series had some good episodes and some not so good.The second series was heaps better although regret the demise of tosh and Owen who had mellowed so much towards the end but it was difficult to see where a zombie type character could go so he had to die properly but Tosh's death was quite unexpected.Children of earth was a great drama but heartbreaking
      Hope this next series is a bit lighter although RT has said it is dark.Rambling a bit now so I will stop.
      Best wishes
      Chris
    • R Hall
      Message 44 of 44 , Aug 27, 2010
        I know exactly how you feel, Catzy.  I had to wait for the DVD to see CoE at all
        because at that time, I didn't get BBCA.  I had read so much about that show
        that I waited quite a while after getting the DVD before I watched it.  There
        were times when I wondered whether I wanted to watch it at all.  I finally did,
        and, to date, I have not watched it again.  It was quite incredible, but the
        overwhelming 'darkness' was a bit much for me.

        Robbie