Torchwood & Doctor Who Conjecture

  • deansantaana
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2010

      If the moderators consider any of this spoilers with regard to Doctor Who, it is not my intention to spoil anything for anybody. Feel free to add additional space above this post for other readers. There were two specific things that happened and were said in the last two Doctor Who stories of the season that could have pertained to Torchwood.

      There have been many hints about the next season and Christmas special of Doctor Who. I tried to organize them into the following using basic logic. You may agree on some of my points and conjecture or you might not. At least, be entertained by what I think might happen if I was Moffat.

      The Doctor Who Christmas special will very likely have "Orient Express" as part of the title and deal with an escaped Egyptian Goddess. It will be set aboard the Orient Express in outer space. If we are dealing with yet another type of passage through space, that means we might see Alonzo Frame again as well as any surviving characters from "Voyage of the Damned".

      Whatever "The Silence Will Fall" deals with, we won't find out until next season. I imagine "The Silence Will Fall" will be one of the episode titles next season.

      We will see a lot more of River Song next season fleshing out answers to the mystery of just who she is. The Doctor could end up getting married to her next season. Somewhere down the line, River Song will kill a very good man and be arrested for that murder. I am going to assume the character she kills will be Rory Williams. She will have regret over killing this very good man.

      There is the possibility that we will see more of Amy's family next season now that they have been introduced. Is Rory actually Rory or an Auton? That may be answered next season.

      They made a special point of mentioning a clone race this season of the Drahvins who have not been seen since "Galaxy Four". I imagine we will be seeing them again this coming season.

      No explanation was made yet as to why Amy Pond had no memory of Daleks. I am hoping this will also be explained next season.

      Scenes with River Song dealt with getting a Vortex Manipulator off the severed wrist of a handsome time agent and her telling the Doctor the next time he sees her, that is when "Everything Changes" which is known tag line of Captain Jack Harkness. As both River Song and Captain Jack are from the 51st Century and the BBC needs people to be refreshed on Captain Jack, I would imagine that Captain Jack may show up on Doctor Who next season. Steven Moffat's first stories for Doctor Who introduced Captain Jack Harkness to audiences.

      The new season of Doctor Who will be ending about time new season of Torchwood will be starting on Starz and BBC One. I am sure the BBC will want some form of tie-in to get people ready for Torchwood coming back.

      Dean L. Kaufman
      Santa Ana, California USA
    • badblokebob
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2010
        Some interesting points. But I have some thoughts on a couple

        > We will see a lot more of River Song next season fleshing out answers to the mystery of just who she is. The Doctor could end up getting married to her next season. Somewhere down the line, River Song will kill a very good man and be arrested for that murder. I am going to assume the character she kills will be Rory Williams. She will have regret over killing this very good man.

        Perhaps I'm misremembering, but didn't she also say this man was "the best she ever knew" (or similar)? Seems unlikely to me that would be Rory; the more obvious implication is that it's the Doctor (or, of course, someone as yet unmet).

        > They made a special point of mentioning a clone race this season of the Drahvins who have not been seen since "Galaxy Four". I imagine we will be seeing them again this coming season.

        They made just as special a point of mentioning the Terileptils, the Chelonians, the Zygons and the Draconians, not to mention several that were created for/have already appeared in the new series -- I don't think that means they're all coming back next season.

        > No explanation was made yet as to why Amy Pond had no memory of Daleks. I am hoping this will also be explained next season.

        This I agree with. I'd assumed it was going to be to do with the crack in time (as I suppose did many others), but it didn't get mentioned. Could just be an oversight, then, or it could have a part left to play.

        > Scenes with River Song dealt with getting a Vortex Manipulator off the severed wrist of a handsome time agent and her telling the Doctor the next time he sees her, that is when "Everything Changes" which is known tag line of Captain Jack Harkness. As both River Song and Captain Jack are from the 51st Century ... I would imagine that Captain Jack may show up on Doctor Who next season.

        On the one hand, I'd like to see Jack back in Who -- always fun to have around, and it would be nice if Moffat finally got round to his missing 2 years. On the other, Jack was "*a* Time Agent" not "*the* Time Agent" or "someone who invented a Vortex Manipulator", so there's no real reason not to just assume it's another Agent's.