RE: [torchwood] re: Children of Earth

  • Judy R
    Message 1 of 86 , Jun 21, 2010
      Couldn't agree more. I pre-ordered CoE but I have yet to even remove it from the wrap and never will. I'd seen days 1-3 on you tube and heard what happened on day 4 so I never went beyond that. I did, however, think it was very well written.

      I am looking forward to series 4 tho. First and formost I am a JB fan and will follow wherever he leads.

      To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
      From: jerseyjunior@...
      Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 22:28:58 -0400
      Subject: Re: [torchwood] re: Children of Earth

      I'm the complete opposite. COE was not Torchwood for me. Alternate Universe,
      if anything. I thought it badly written and portrayed the Torchwood team as
      a bunch of losers. The new characters had more screen time and character
      development than the Torchwood team.

      While I have the DVDs, I've never watched day four or five.

      I will wear out my season 1 and 2 dvds.

      Message 86 of 86 , Jun 21, 2010
        >I can't dissagree with any of what you've said,but you've got to admit that
        >Children of Earth was a damned fine mini-series and I must say that it is
        >the most riveting thing I've seen that is that long ever really, many a 10
        >hour long mini series is mostly hours of boring big yawn stuff and you end
        >up staring at the ceiling waiting for something to happen.

        If I'd never watched Torchwood, I think I'd agree. But the characters were
        pretty OOC. Plus, if I hadn't watched before I wouldn't have cared who
        died senselessly. But a good mini-series if taken by itself.

        > I bought the COE boxset and many a time I've told myself "I'll just watch
        > episode 1 but get pulled in and end up watchng all the way though it's
        > that good

        I bought them before I saw it. Still haven't unwrapped them. :(
        Someday. Of course, I have a bit of extra angst to go with it as my my was
        diagnosed as terminal 2 days before Ianto died. It will be a while before I
        disassociate the two events (strangely it was also the week of my son's
        wedding which luckily I seem to manage not to associate with TW at all.).

        > But I do hope that if and when they do bring back Torchwood with a season
        > 4 they address the fact that Torchwood was taken out by a rogue member or
        > the government and that MI5 had infiltrated their computer system as the
        > aspect I always wanted to see in some never shown episode of the show was
        > where they actually USED the often spoken power that Torchwood had and
        > never used beyond the government above the police it comes off as if
        > Torchwood was just kidding themselves

        yes, please. And why the Rift was ok with no one watching it and what
        happened to Janet. and. . ..

        Kaki