RE: [torchwood] News about Torchwood's new season!

  • sem
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 7, 2010
      Unbelievable. I don't have this channel nor can I afford to get it. Unless
      they allow us to sign up for 3 months then dump it. This is assuming the
      episodes are any good. The pedigree sounds reliable. And that it's on pay
      cable means they can go as far as they like, say anything, do anything.

      Catzy

      barrowman.html
    • socallynn
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7, 2010
        Starz shows are also available via Netflix's Watch Instantly, which is included with the cheapest Netflix subscription of $8.99 a month. New eps of Starz originals like Spartacus are available on Netflix WI the same day they air on Starz.

        You could also wait until Torchwood is done airing and then get a free Netflix two-week trial, watch the show and then cancel.

        Netflix Watch Instantly works both any computer (as long as it can stream video and has high speed internet, e.g., isn't more than a couple of years old). It's also on certain Internet connected settop devices like Bluray players and TiVo.

        -Lynn

        --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "sem" <catz@...> wrote:

        > Unbelievable. I don't have this channel nor can I afford to get it. Unless
        > they allow us to sign up for 3 months then dump it. This is assuming the
        > episodes are any good. The pedigree sounds reliable. And that it's on pay
        > cable means they can go as far as they like, say anything, do anything.
        >
        > Catzy

      • badblokebob
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 7, 2010
          I think it's probably worth remembering that, by the sounds of the press release, this is a BBC production that Starz have paid to co-produce -- i.e. the fact it's for BBC One is more likely to dictate the content than the fact it's on Starz.

          --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "sem" <catz@...> wrote:

          > Unbelievable. I don't have this channel nor can I afford to get it. Unless
          > they allow us to sign up for 3 months then dump it. This is assuming the
          > episodes are any good. The pedigree sounds reliable. And that it's on pay
          > cable means they can go as far as they like, say anything, do anything.
          >
          > Catzy

        • sem
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 7, 2010
            Thank you for the great information! I'd have to wait till after the show
            airs because I need closed-captioning, and not cos of the accents.

            Catzy