Re: Eve Myles - Facebook

  • Lori
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 12, 2010
      I'll certainly do whatever I can if I see any of these fakes. How horrible for Eve having to deal with this. Unfortunately this isn't something new. Hopefully we can get rid of these fakes.

      Lori

      --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, Carole <caroleagordon@...> wrote:

      > Eve Myles attended the Hub 4 convention this weekend. I had a brief
      > chance to chat with her and she mentioned that she was concerned that
      > there are a number of fake "Eve Myles" accounts on Facebook. Eve does
      > not have a Facebook account.
      >
      > She has been told that some of the comments being made in her name are
      > inappropriate and she's been asked by fans why she's been making "nasty"
      > remarks on Facebook, when she hasn't. She's going to try to get the
      > fakes removed, but as we all know, it's extremely hard to do that and
      > often can only be done through legal action. If you do come across one
      > of these fakes, please report it to Facebook and/or leave a comment on
      > the page to highlight to everyone that it's a fake.
      >
      > Thanks!

    • Amazon X
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 12, 2010
        That's just so not cool. It's one thing to fake an account from a "character" on the show. I'm friends with some of my fave characters from the X-Files on facebook. But to speak on behalf of the actor, whom we do not know, that's just wrong. Hopefully, karma will get the guilty parties.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 12, 2010
          I have also posted a (shortened - they limit the amount of characters you can use) version of this below on my facebook page - I met Eve at the Hub and she is the nicest woman and so genuine.  She does not deserve this.

          Wiebke

          ---____________ _________ _________ __

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 12, 2010
            We all need to pass this message along to the Facebook admin... I found 3 Eve Myles pages, I think one is a character page, but the one that claims to be official (with several thousand fans) seems to be the source of the problem.

            --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, Amazon X <yankeestarbuck@...> wrote:

            > That's just so not cool. It's one thing to fake an account from a "character" on the show. I'm friends with some of my fave characters from the X-Files on facebook. But to speak on behalf of the actor, whom we do not know, that's just wrong. Hopefully, karma will get the guilty parties.

          • Carole
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 12, 2010
              Thanks everyone for helping.

              Of course, it's fine if people want to set up fan pages for the cast
              provided they make it absolutely clear that it has nothing to do with
              the actors themselves, but the ones who pretend actually to be the
              actors are totally out of order.

              Please pass the word to any other forums and groups you are members of.

              Sorry I missed you at the Hub, Wiebke. It was terrific, wasn't it?!