Re: [torchwood] A season 2 "radio show" style extra?

  • Elizabeth Holden
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 5, 2010
      Is this on YouTube? Or anywhere else?

      Not being in the UK, I was never able to look at the S2 website. And I was grumpy about it.

      namaste,
      elizabeth

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 8, 2010
        Sorry, no idea if it ever made it to Youtube (I doubt it though)... it was a mission on the S2 website, where you had to figure out answers and submit them to 'Ianto' by a deadline.

        Wiebke

        Not being in the UK, I was never able to look at the S2 website. And I was grumpy about it.

        namaste,
        elizabeth

        > I think that was the 'mission' on the Torchwood website
        > during S2... Ianto and Eve apprehend the alien who is
        > actually using the transmission to try and wreak havoc.
        >
        > I hope this helps.
        >
        > Wiebke
        >
        > --- On Thu, 4/1/10, Joy B <the_divine_trickste r_47@yahoo. ca>
        > wrote:
        >

        > From: Joy B <the_divine_trickste r_47@yahoo. ca>
        > Subject: [torchwood] A season 2 "radio show" style extra?
        > To: torchwood@yahoogrou ps.com
        > Date: Thursday, April 1, 2010, 9:33 PM
        >

        > Hi folks,
        >
        > I vaguely recall that sometime prior to CoE (I think during
        > season 2) there was this online series of either podcast or
        > vodcast 'extras' that were done like a radio show. A woman
        > who had frequently encountered members of the Torchwood team
        > hosted this show where she speculated about who they were
        > and invited others to call in with their own encounters and
        > speculations. I'm pretty sure that it was an official extra,
        > because I seem to recall that Ianto (as in Gareth David
        > Lloyd) called in once, and I definitely remember that there
        > was a video where Gwen and Ianto (ie- Eve Myles and GDL)
        > burst in during a broadcast session. I think the name of the
        > show contained the word "Dark" (or some synonym) but I don't
        > really remember.
        >
        > Does this sound familiar to anyone? It's been driving me
        > crazy, so I'd take any
        > information that anyone remembers!
        >
        > Thank you!
        > divinetrickster

        >     torchwood-fullfeatu red@yahoogroups. com

      • the_divine_trickster_47
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 15, 2010
          Hi all!

          Thank you for the information! To sum up, the thing I was looking for is "Dark Talk" with Abigial Crowe and it was the mission on the Torchwood website during S2.

          Dark Talk has its own website with the weekly video clips from the S2 mission and it doesn't appear to be restricted to the UK (hurrah!). I'm in Canada and I was able to watch all of the videos on it. The first week's video is found at: http://www.darktalk.co.uk/week1/

          There are 11 videos, all of which can be found by changing the number of the week in the above URL. The last one is the one that features Eve/Gwen and Gareth/Ianto. It can be found here: http://www.darktalk.co.uk/week11/

          Thanks to everyone who helped me remember this!