END OF TIME - don't read if you haven't seen (additional spoiler space added before approval)

  • Leanne
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2010
      (Moderator Note)

      I'm adding some additional spoiler space, as my display started showing the spoilers on the first screen, and my display isn't very big. Still, a bit more stuff on top, and we should be fine.

      I wish all the e-mail programs
      did just let you do 1 letter a line
      and let it count for spoiler space.

      The ones that mess it up and
      effectively negate that trick
      have made it much harder
      for people who want to post
      spoilers in a safe manner
      but don't want to waste a lot of time
      typing up silly nonsense.

      Oh dear, that's not enough space
      yet on the monitor. Still, I'm
      getting significantly closer. Not
      much more nonsense to go.

      Speaking of nonsense, it is
      a shame that so many networks
      think they need to put ever more
      logos up on the screen, as if
      the audience is not clever
      enough to figure out what channel
      they are watching. And besides,
      if they are engrossed in the show
      then the only concern is when you
      hit a commercial break. So put the
      logos over the commercials instead.

      (That should be enough for most reasonable screens. - Benjamin.)

      REPEATING:
      DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN.
      DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN.
      DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN.
      DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN.
      DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN.

      1. Geronamo? Really? That's the new catch phrase? We went from allons-y to geronamo?
      2. Ok... his first minute was cute... The panic at being a girl...
      3. "I don't want to go." ...Wow... Ok... Sobbed like a little bitch, not gonna lie.
      4. That flash of Jack in the bar, I HAVE to assume that it's way before or way after children of earth, otherwise I'm way too angry.
      5. That was the longest goodbye scene ever. 25 minutes of me sobbing. I actually had to pause it and say "damnit just die all ready!"
      6. They can still bring DT back... cause of human!doctor on that other dimension... Am I reaching here?
      7. Martha married Mickey? WOAH... I'm confused though because wasn't there a line in COE about Martha having married some guy who wasn't Mickey?
      8. What the hell happaned to the Master?
      9. WHY DID THE DOCTOR HAVE TO GET IN THAT DAMNED BOX? THERE HAD TO HAVE BEEN SOME FU****G MECHANICAL THING THEY COULD'VE MADE TO GO IN AND PRESS THE BUTTON, OR SOME REALLY REALLY OLD CANCER PATIENT WITH ONLY A DAY TO LIVE... OR SOMETHING! I don't get it, I don't like it. I'm fine with the decision to kill off 10 and create 11 - but that whole thing felt contrived. I knew it was going to be important, they made too big a deal of showing that box all the time...

    • Spankskin
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2010
        My response to Leannes comments are after all the spoiler stuff - oh and
        Benjamin, we tend to call the logo's etc "screen furniture" - and if you
        think the beeb are bad - what about five with that annoying advert for
        Justin Collins Heads or Tails!

        Stuart (continued below)

        _____

[...]

        geronamo? Its Geronimo!
        2. Ok... his first minute was cute... The panic at being a girl... But a
        little too young for me (difficult to see how he can keep the intensity of
        DT)
        3. "I don't want to go." ...Wow... Ok... Sobbed like a little bitch, not
        gonna lie. In confidential - take 3 from 4
        4. That flash of Jack in the bar, I HAVE to assume that it's way before or
        way after children of earth, otherwise I'm way too angry. Again from RTD's
        lips - after Children of Earth
        5. That was the longest goodbye scene ever. 25 minutes of me sobbing. I
        actually had to pause it and say "damnit just die all ready!"
        6. They can still bring DT back... cause of human!doctor on that other
        dimension... Am I reaching here? Borderline
        7. Martha married Mickey? WOAH... I'm confused though because wasn't there a
        line in COE about Martha having married some guy who wasn't Mickey? Only
        engaged!
        8. What the hell happaned to the Master? Returned with the rest of the Time
        Lords
        9. WHY DID THE DOCTOR HAVE TO GET IN THAT DAMNED BOX? THERE HAD TO HAVE BEEN
        SOME FU****G MECHANICAL THING THEY COULD'VE MADE TO GO IN AND PRESS THE
        BUTTON, OR SOME REALLY REALLY OLD CANCER PATIENT WITH ONLY A DAY TO LIVE...
        OR SOMETHING! I don't get it, I don't like it. I'm fine with the decision to
        kill off 10 and create 11 - but that whole thing felt contrived. I knew it
        was going to be important, they made too big a deal of showing that box all
        the time... No time for anything else - and RTD said it had to be for
        something on a more Human Scale