Re: [torchwood] some news about S4 Torchwood

  • Robyn Hall
    Message 1 of 28 , Dec 1, 2009
      I could, as well, but most of the time, I kind of like Gwen. I really like
      her when she gets in the guys' faces and tells them what's what!!

      Robbie

      On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 8:41 PM, Savannah-Beth Brady <
      savannah.beth@...> wrote:

      > I could live in a world without Gwen .. ~G~
      >

      > Hmmm it would be cheaper if they didn't use Gwen. Hopeful hint. :)

    • anna mattison
      Message 2 of 28 , Dec 1, 2009
        I could also live in a world without Gwen, but that would mean no Rhys and no PC Andy.

        To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
        From: jacksback44@...
        Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 00:31:13 -0800
        Subject: Re: [torchwood] some news about S4 Torchwood

        Message 3 of 28 , Dec 1, 2009
          Not necessarily. Things at Torchwood and the 'outsiders' close to them can
          change in a heartbeat!!

          Robbie

          On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 2:32 AM, anna mattison <gaz_the_gloomy@...>wrote:

          > I could also live in a world without Gwen, but that would mean no Rhys and
          > no PC Andy.
          >
          > To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
          > From: jacksback44@...
          > Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 00:31:13 -0800
          > Subject: Re: [torchwood] some news about S4 Torchwood
          >
          > I could, as well, but most of the time, I kind of like Gwen. I really like
          > her when she gets in the guys' faces and tells them what's what!!
          >
          > Robbie
          >

          > On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 8:41 PM, Savannah-Beth Brady
          > savannah.beth@... wrote:
          >
          > > I could live in a world without Gwen .. ~G~

        • Kaki4
          Message 4 of 28 , Dec 1, 2009
            I would like that if I didn't find her comments stupid so often. I guess
            I'm really picky about female characters. I'm so tired of silly, girly,
            flirty, lacking in brains women characters.

            May I have Tosh back?

            >I could, as well, but most of the time, I kind of like Gwen. I really like
            > her when she gets in the guys' faces and tells them what's what!!
            >
            > Robbie
            >

            > On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 8:41 PM, Savannah-Beth Brady <
            > savannah.beth@...> wrote:
            >
            >> I could live in a world without Gwen .. ~G~
            >>

            >> Hmmm it would be cheaper if they didn't use Gwen. Hopeful hint.
            >> :)

          • Kaki4
            Message 5 of 28 , Dec 1, 2009
              Hmmm How about Gwen has a(nother) fling with some annoying guy, Rhys finds
              out. Gwen gets so mad that she was caught out that she runs away with or
              without the kid.

              Jack, returning to Cardiff, finds Rhys and PC Andy when he looks for Gwen.
              Hires Rhys since he's the only TW-like person left. Then hires PC Andy as
              police liason.

              Then they add another MD and a computer person and away we go, noting that
              theremust be many flashbacks that include Ianto.

              Kaki

              >I could also live in a world without Gwen, but that would mean no Rhys and
              >no PC Andy.
              >
              > To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
              > From: jacksback44@...
              > Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 00:31:13 -0800
              > Subject: Re: [torchwood] some news about S4 Torchwood
              >

              > I could, as well, but most of the time, I kind of like Gwen. I
              > really like
              >
              > her when she gets in the guys' faces and tells them what's what!!
              >

              > Robbie
              >

              > On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 8:41 PM, Savannah-Beth Brady <
              >
              > savannah.beth@...> wrote:
              >

              >> I could live in a world without Gwen .. ~G~
              >

              >> Hmmm it would be cheaper if they didn't use Gwen. Hopeful hint.
              >> :)

            • Daren:)
              Message 6 of 28 , Dec 2, 2009
                There is one small matter that no ones touched upon, the Hub was destroyed in the miniseries and it was revealed that the government /MI5 had admitted to having cracked into Torchwoods computers years ago so when the new series starts Torchwood is going to be in some new secret location and their going to have to address the infiltration of MI5 in it's operations

                Daren

                >I could also live in a world without Gwen, but that would mean no Rhys and
                >no PC Andy.
                >
                > To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
                > From: jacksback44@...
                > Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 00:31:13 -0800
                > Subject: Re: [torchwood] some news about S4 Torchwood
                >

                > I could, as well, but most of the time, I kind of like Gwen. I
                > really like
                >
                > her when she gets in the guys' faces and tells them what's what!!
                >

                > Robbie
                >

                > On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 8:41 PM, Savannah-Beth Brady <
                >
                > savannah.beth@...> wrote:
                >

                >> I could live in a world without Gwen .. ~G~
                >

                >> Hmmm it would be cheaper if they didn't use Gwen. Hopeful hint.
                >> :)

              • KT
                Message 7 of 28 , Dec 2, 2009
                  That's why you have to admire the skill of RTD. A throw away line that can
                  lead to a way for Torchwood to get some of their lost critical data back.
                  I'll bet more lines will become evident.

                  Be Well,
                  Katie

                  > There is one small matter that no ones touched upon, the Hub was destroyed
                  > in the miniseries and it was revealed that the government /MI5 had
                  > admitted to having cracked into Torchwoods computers years ago so when the
                  > new series starts Torchwood is going to be in some new secret location and
                  > their going to have to address the infiltration of MI5 in it's operations
                  >
                  > Daren

                • Kaki4
                  Message 8 of 28 , Dec 2, 2009
                    I'm working on the theory that the top part of the Hub blew up but that
                    there are lower levels still left. I admit I am probably wrong, but it
                    works for me.

                    Also, someone has to deal with the rift, so there will have to be a
                    Torchwood 3 or equivalent. Might be without jack, but someone has to catch
                    the weevils and such. They could, of course, find a slightly (tongue in
                    cheek here) less obvious hiding place.

                    Kaki

                    > There is one small matter that no ones touched upon, the Hub was destroyed
                    > in the miniseries and it was revealed that the government /MI5 had
                    > admitted to having cracked into Torchwoods computers years ago so when the
                    > new series starts Torchwood is going to be in some new secret location and
                    > their going to have to address the infiltration of MI5 in it's operations
                    >
                    > Daren

                  • Robyn Hall
                    Message 9 of 28 , Dec 3, 2009
                      I liked Tosh, but I think Gwen has so much more personality. Tosh was such
                      a geek, completely immersed in her work. If Owen hadn't been such a
                      stubborn male, Tosh might have had more normalcy in her life in that sense.

                      I'm picky about my female characters, too, but I'm not consistent. I will
                      put up with some things in one female character that I can't stand in
                      another female character. It just depends - on what, I can't really explain
                      because I don't really know.

                      Gwen may be silly, flirty, girly, etc., but I strongly feel that she is not
                      lacking in brains. Who took over the Hub when Jack took off to find the
                      Doctor? I suggest that she probably did a better job than Jack had done.

                      JMO, of course....

                      Robbie

                      On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 4:47 PM, Kaki4 <kaki4@...> wrote:

                      > I would like that if I didn't find her comments stupid so often. I guess
                      > I'm really picky about female characters. I'm so tired of silly, girly,
                      > flirty, lacking in brains women characters.
                      >
                      > May I have Tosh back?

                    • sem
                      Message 10 of 28 , Dec 5, 2009
                        I was thinking... was it Torchwood 2 or 4 that got lost (whereabouts
                        unknown)? Memory a bit shaky on that one, but Jack explained it early on.
                        Suppose Jack & Co. could do something with that, like finding it.

                        Catzy

                        Also, someone has to deal with the rift, so there will have to be a
                        >Torchwood 3 or equivalent. Might be without jack, but someone has to
                        >catch
                        >the weevils and such. They could, of course, find a slightly (tongue
                        >in
                        >cheek here) less obvious hiding place.
                      • Judy R
                        Message 11 of 28 , Dec 12, 2009
                          It was TW4 that went missing. Also, Jack will be back for series 4. JB has already confirmed this.

                          Judy

                          To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
                          From: catz@...
                          Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 06:14:20 -0700

                          Message 12 of 28 , Dec 12, 2009
                            Yeah, I knew that which is why I proposed a possible scenario.

                          • Robyn Hall
                            Message 13 of 28 , Dec 12, 2009
                              TW4 went missing?? Could you clarify that, please? We haven't had TW4 yet,
                              so how could it be missing, unless you're referring to a TW4 that's not a
                              season of the show. Sorry ~~ I'm easy to confuse.

                              Robbie
                              Also a "bbmcowgirl"

                              On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 4:39 AM, Judy R <bbmcowgirl@...> wrote:

                              > It was TW4 that went missing. Also, Jack will be back for series 4. JB
                              > has already confirmed this.
                              >
                              > Judy
                              >

                              > To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
                              > From: catz@...
                              > Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 06:14:20 -0700
                              > Subject: RE: [torchwood] some news about S4 Torchwood
                              >

                              > I was thinking... was it Torchwood 2 or 4 that got lost (whereabouts
                              > unknown)? Memory a bit shaky on that one, but Jack explained it early on.
                              > Suppose Jack & Co. could do something with that, like finding it.
                              >
                              > Catzy
                              >
                              > Also, someone has to deal with the rift, so there will have to be a
                              > >Torchwood 3 or equivalent. Might be without jack, but someone has to
                              > >catch
                              > >the weevils and such. They could, of course, find a slightly (tongue
                              > >in
                              > >cheek here) less obvious hiding place.

                            • Wiebke White
                              Message 14 of 28 , Dec 13, 2009
                                In Season 1, Ep 1, Jack explains to Gwen in the pub that Torchwood 1 was London (Canary Wharf), Torchwood 2 was a funny man in Scotland, Cardiff is Torchwood 3 and Torchwood 4 has gone missing, 'but we'll find it one day.' - not to be confused with seasons 1 to 4 :D

                                Hope this helps

                                Wiebke

                                ________________________________

                                On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 4:39 AM, Judy R <bbmcowgirl@live. com> wrote:

                                > It was TW4 that went missing. Also, Jack will be back for series 4. JB
                                > has already confirmed this.
                                >
                                > Judy
                                >

                                > To: torchwood@yahoogrou ps.com
                                > From: catz@...
                                > Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 06:14:20 -0700
                                > Subject: RE: [torchwood] some news about S4 Torchwood
                                >

                                > I was thinking... was it Torchwood 2 or 4 that got lost (whereabouts
                                > unknown)? Memory a bit shaky on that one, but Jack explained it early on.
                                > Suppose Jack & Co. could do something with that, like finding it.
                                >
                                > Catzy
                                >
                                > Also, someone has to deal with the rift, so there will have to be a
                                > >Torchwood 3 or equivalent. Might be without jack, but someone has to
                                > >catch
                                > >the weevils and such. They could, of course, find a slightly (tongue
                                > >in
                                > >cheek here) less obvious hiding place.

                              • Karel
                                Message 15 of 28 , Dec 13, 2009
                                  Torchwood Team 4 is missing. As in London was Torchwood 1, Archie in
                                  Scotland (?) was Torchwood 2, Cardiff is TW 3, and then there's a fourth
                                  *somewhere*. In the audio show, we find out there was a Torchwood India, so
                                  there could be other Torchwood around the world.

                                  Karel

                                  Message 16 of 28 , Dec 13, 2009
                                    I'm easily confused as well, don't worry about it.

                                    I was refering to the building. Remember in "Everything Changes" when Jack was explaining TW to Gwen. He said TW1 was destroyed London, TW2 was Galsgow, TW3 was Cardiff and TW4 went missing.

                                    Judy

                                    To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
                                    From: jacksback44@...
                                    Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 16:30:08 -0800

                                    TW4 went missing?? Could you clarify that, please? We haven't had TW4 yet,
                                    so how could it be missing, unless you're referring to a TW4 that's not a
                                    season of the show. Sorry ~~ I'm easy to confuse.

                                    Robbie
                                    Also a "bbmcowgirl"

                                    On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 4:39 AM, Judy R <bbmcowgirl@...> wrote:

                                    > It was TW4 that went missing. Also, Jack will be back for series 4. JB
                                    > has already confirmed this.
                                    >
                                    > Judy

                                  • Mark Hadlund
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Dec 13, 2009
                                      Perhaps Torchwood 4 went they way of Babylon 4.

                                      Mark

                                      To: torchwood@yahoogrou ps.com

                                      From: jacksback44@ gmail.com

                                      Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 16:30:08 -0800

                                      TW4 went missing?? Could you clarify that, please? We haven't had TW4 yet,

                                      so how could it be missing, unless you're referring to a TW4 that's not a

                                      season of the show. Sorry ~~ I'm easy to confuse.

                                      Robbie

                                      Also a "bbmcowgirl"

                                      On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 4:39 AM, Judy R <bbmcowgirl@live. com> wrote:

                                      > It was TW4 that went missing. Also, Jack will be back for series 4. JB

                                      > has already confirmed this.

                                      > Judy

                                      http://clk.atdmt com/GBL/go/ 177141665/ direct/01/

                                    • Gillian Nuttall
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Dec 13, 2009
                                        Thanks for the reminder. I always wondered if that comment was some sort of nod to Babylon 5 (Babylon 4 having gone missing)!

                                        Gill

                                        +In Season 1, Ep 1, Jack explains to Gwen in the pub that Torchwood 1 was
                                        +London (Canary Wharf), Torchwood 2 was a funny man in Scotland, Cardiff is
                                        +Torchwood 3 and Torchwood 4 has gone missing, 'but we'll find it one day.' -
                                        +not to be confused with seasons 1 to 4 :D
                                        +
                                        +Hope this helps
                                        +
                                        +Wiebke
                                        +
                                        +
                                        +
                                        +
                                        +________________________________
                                        +TW4 went missing?? Could you clarify that, please? We haven't had TW4 yet,
                                        +so how could it be missing, unless you're referring to a TW4 that's not a
                                        +season of the show. Sorry ~~ I'm easy to confuse.
                                        +
                                        +Robbie
                                        +Also a "bbmcowgirl"
                                        +
                                        +On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 4:39 AM, Judy R <bbmcowgirl@live. com> wrote:
                                        +
                                        +>
                                        +> It was TW4 that went missing. Also, Jack will be back for series 4. JB
                                        +> has already confirmed this.
                                        +>
                                        +> Judy
                                        +>
                                        +
                                        +>
                                        +> To: torchwood@yahoogrou ps.com
                                        +> From: catz@...
                                        +> Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 06:14:20 -0700
                                        +>
                                        +
[...]
                                        +[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                                        +
                                        +
                                        +
                                        +
                                        +
                                        +
                                        +
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Dec 13, 2009
                                          That would be interesting. Maybe the Daleks got them all.

                                          Judy

                                          To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
                                          From: iahadlund@...
                                          Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 10:42:43 -0800

                                          Message 20 of 28 , Dec 13, 2009
                                            Torchwood 4 as in the 4th Torchwood location, Not Season 4 of Torchwood.
                                            Maybe you missed that episode that mentioned the different fates of the
                                            different locations of Torchwood.

                                            Russell Fletcher (PastorDIC)
                                            Battle Ground, WA

                                            Message 21 of 28 , Dec 13, 2009
                                              You wrote that JB has confirmed that Jack will be back for TW4. Has the
                                              director/producer/etc., confirmed the same thing?

                                              Robbie

                                              On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 9:32 AM, sem <catz@...> wrote:

                                              > Yeah, I knew that which is why I proposed a possible scenario.

                                            • Judy R
                                              Message 22 of 28 , Dec 13, 2009
                                                I 'think' they did but since I now have no way to download any of the vid's or radio shows I hear these things on I can't remember where I heard it (I do know it was on video and not radio). I do know that the interviewer asked JB and he said that now that it's common knowledge he can o ahead and confirm (or words to that effect). He also said that yes he was going to be in the Doctor Who finale.

                                                Judy

                                                To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
                                                From: jacksback44@...
                                                Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 15:17:19 -0800

                                                You wrote that JB has confirmed that Jack will be back for TW4. Has the
                                                director/producer/etc., confirmed the same thing?

                                                Robbie

                                              • Daren :)
                                                Message 23 of 28 , Dec 13, 2009
                                                  If RTD has anything to do with the writing of the first few episodes of Torchwood season 4 we will never guess what will happen next and be suprised to see how it turns out and I have no doubt he'll have some very clever twists to ad to the new series

                                                  Daren

                                                  To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
                                                  From: iahadlund@...
                                                  Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 10:42:43 -0800