some news about S4 Torchwood

  • Kim
    Message 1 of 28 , Nov 13, 2009
      <http://www.digitalspy.com/cult/s8/torchwood/news/a186616/russell-t-davies-planning-torchwood-4.html>

      Well, that's interesting!

      Kim

    • Kaki4
      Message 2 of 28 , Nov 16, 2009
        Hmmm it would be cheaper if they didn't use Gwen. Hopeful hint. :)

        Message 3 of 28 , Nov 18, 2009
          I could live in a world without Gwen .. ~G~

          Hmmm it would be cheaper if they didn't use Gwen. Hopeful hint. :)

          Message 4 of 28 , Nov 19, 2009
            --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, Kim <deidrekim@...> wrote:

            > <http://www.digitalspy.com/cult/s8/torchwood/news/a186616/russell-t-davies-planning-torchwood-4.html>
            >
            > Well, that's interesting!

            (Walter Five scoops jaw up off the floor...)

            Well, aren't you one for the understatement, Kim?
          • Ann Marie
            Message 5 of 28 , Nov 30, 2009
              Me too, but unfortunately, I think the show is actually seen through her eyes.  Damn it all.

               ~~ 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'  ~~
                                                                                             Unknown

              Message 6 of 28 , Dec 1, 2009
                I could, as well, but most of the time, I kind of like Gwen. I really like
                her when she gets in the guys' faces and tells them what's what!!

                Robbie

                On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 8:41 PM, Savannah-Beth Brady <
                savannah.beth@...> wrote:

                > I could live in a world without Gwen .. ~G~
                >

                > Hmmm it would be cheaper if they didn't use Gwen. Hopeful hint. :)

              • anna mattison
                Message 7 of 28 , Dec 1, 2009
                  I could also live in a world without Gwen, but that would mean no Rhys and no PC Andy.

                  To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
                  From: jacksback44@...
                  Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 00:31:13 -0800

                  Message 8 of 28 , Dec 1, 2009
                    Not necessarily. Things at Torchwood and the 'outsiders' close to them can
                    change in a heartbeat!!

                    Robbie

                    Message 9 of 28 , Dec 1, 2009
                      I would like that if I didn't find her comments stupid so often. I guess
                      I'm really picky about female characters. I'm so tired of silly, girly,
                      flirty, lacking in brains women characters.

                      May I have Tosh back?

                      >I could, as well, but most of the time, I kind of like Gwen. I really like
                      > her when she gets in the guys' faces and tells them what's what!!
                      >
                      > Robbie
                      >

                      > On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 8:41 PM, Savannah-Beth Brady <
                      > savannah.beth@...> wrote:
                      >
                      >> I could live in a world without Gwen .. ~G~
                      >>

                      >> Hmmm it would be cheaper if they didn't use Gwen. Hopeful hint.
                      >> :)

                    • Kaki4
                      Message 10 of 28 , Dec 1, 2009
                        Hmmm How about Gwen has a(nother) fling with some annoying guy, Rhys finds
                        out. Gwen gets so mad that she was caught out that she runs away with or
                        without the kid.

                        Jack, returning to Cardiff, finds Rhys and PC Andy when he looks for Gwen.
                        Hires Rhys since he's the only TW-like person left. Then hires PC Andy as
                        police liason.

                        Then they add another MD and a computer person and away we go, noting that
                        theremust be many flashbacks that include Ianto.

                        Kaki

                        >I could also live in a world without Gwen, but that would mean no Rhys and
                        >no PC Andy.
                        >
                        > To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
                        > From: jacksback44@...
                        > Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 00:31:13 -0800
                        > Subject: Re: [torchwood] some news about S4 Torchwood
                        >

                        > I could, as well, but most of the time, I kind of like Gwen. I
                        > really like
                        >
                        > her when she gets in the guys' faces and tells them what's what!!
                        >

                        > Robbie
                        >

                        > On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 8:41 PM, Savannah-Beth Brady <
                        >
                        > savannah.beth@...> wrote:
                        >

                        >> I could live in a world without Gwen .. ~G~
                        >

                        >> Hmmm it would be cheaper if they didn't use Gwen. Hopeful hint.
                        >> :)

                      • Daren:)
                        Message 11 of 28 , Dec 2, 2009
                          There is one small matter that no ones touched upon, the Hub was destroyed in the miniseries and it was revealed that the government /MI5 had admitted to having cracked into Torchwoods computers years ago so when the new series starts Torchwood is going to be in some new secret location and their going to have to address the infiltration of MI5 in it's operations

                          Daren

                          >I could also live in a world without Gwen, but that would mean no Rhys and
                          >no PC Andy.
                          >
                          > To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
                          > From: jacksback44@...
                          > Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 00:31:13 -0800
                          > Subject: Re: [torchwood] some news about S4 Torchwood
                          >

                          > I could, as well, but most of the time, I kind of like Gwen. I
                          > really like
                          >
                          > her when she gets in the guys' faces and tells them what's what!!
                          >

                          > Robbie
                          >

                          > On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 8:41 PM, Savannah-Beth Brady <
                          >
                          > savannah.beth@...> wrote:
                          >

                          >> I could live in a world without Gwen .. ~G~
                          >

                          >> Hmmm it would be cheaper if they didn't use Gwen. Hopeful hint.
                          >> :)

                        • KT
                          Message 12 of 28 , Dec 2, 2009
                            That's why you have to admire the skill of RTD. A throw away line that can
                            lead to a way for Torchwood to get some of their lost critical data back.
                            I'll bet more lines will become evident.

                            Be Well,
                            Katie

                            > There is one small matter that no ones touched upon, the Hub was destroyed
                            > in the miniseries and it was revealed that the government /MI5 had
                            > admitted to having cracked into Torchwoods computers years ago so when the
                            > new series starts Torchwood is going to be in some new secret location and
                            > their going to have to address the infiltration of MI5 in it's operations
                            >
                            > Daren

                          • Kaki4
                            Message 13 of 28 , Dec 2, 2009
                              I'm working on the theory that the top part of the Hub blew up but that
                              there are lower levels still left. I admit I am probably wrong, but it
                              works for me.

                              Also, someone has to deal with the rift, so there will have to be a
                              Torchwood 3 or equivalent. Might be without jack, but someone has to catch
                              the weevils and such. They could, of course, find a slightly (tongue in
                              cheek here) less obvious hiding place.

                              Kaki

                              > There is one small matter that no ones touched upon, the Hub was destroyed
                              > in the miniseries and it was revealed that the government /MI5 had
                              > admitted to having cracked into Torchwoods computers years ago so when the
                              > new series starts Torchwood is going to be in some new secret location and
                              > their going to have to address the infiltration of MI5 in it's operations
                              >
                              > Daren

                            • Robyn Hall
                              Message 14 of 28 , Dec 3, 2009
                                I liked Tosh, but I think Gwen has so much more personality. Tosh was such
                                a geek, completely immersed in her work. If Owen hadn't been such a
                                stubborn male, Tosh might have had more normalcy in her life in that sense.

                                I'm picky about my female characters, too, but I'm not consistent. I will
                                put up with some things in one female character that I can't stand in
                                another female character. It just depends - on what, I can't really explain
                                because I don't really know.

                                Gwen may be silly, flirty, girly, etc., but I strongly feel that she is not
                                lacking in brains. Who took over the Hub when Jack took off to find the
                                Doctor? I suggest that she probably did a better job than Jack had done.

                                JMO, of course....

                                Robbie

                                On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 4:47 PM, Kaki4 <kaki4@...> wrote:

                                > I would like that if I didn't find her comments stupid so often. I guess
                                > I'm really picky about female characters. I'm so tired of silly, girly,
                                > flirty, lacking in brains women characters.
                                >
                                > May I have Tosh back?

                              • sem
                                Message 15 of 28 , Dec 5, 2009
                                  I was thinking... was it Torchwood 2 or 4 that got lost (whereabouts
                                  unknown)? Memory a bit shaky on that one, but Jack explained it early on.
                                  Suppose Jack & Co. could do something with that, like finding it.

                                  Catzy

                                  Also, someone has to deal with the rift, so there will have to be a
                                  >Torchwood 3 or equivalent. Might be without jack, but someone has to
                                  >catch
                                  >the weevils and such. They could, of course, find a slightly (tongue
                                  >in
                                  >cheek here) less obvious hiding place.
                                • Judy R
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Dec 12, 2009
                                    It was TW4 that went missing. Also, Jack will be back for series 4. JB has already confirmed this.

                                    Judy

                                    To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
                                    From: catz@...
                                    Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 06:14:20 -0700

                                    Message 17 of 28 , Dec 12, 2009
                                      Yeah, I knew that which is why I proposed a possible scenario.

                                    • Robyn Hall
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Dec 12, 2009
                                        TW4 went missing?? Could you clarify that, please? We haven't had TW4 yet,
                                        so how could it be missing, unless you're referring to a TW4 that's not a
                                        season of the show. Sorry ~~ I'm easy to confuse.

                                        Robbie
                                        Also a "bbmcowgirl"

                                        On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 4:39 AM, Judy R <bbmcowgirl@...> wrote:

                                        > It was TW4 that went missing. Also, Jack will be back for series 4. JB
                                        > has already confirmed this.
                                        >
                                        > Judy
                                        >

                                        > To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
                                        > From: catz@...
                                        > Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 06:14:20 -0700
                                        > Subject: RE: [torchwood] some news about S4 Torchwood
                                        >

                                        > I was thinking... was it Torchwood 2 or 4 that got lost (whereabouts
                                        > unknown)? Memory a bit shaky on that one, but Jack explained it early on.
                                        > Suppose Jack & Co. could do something with that, like finding it.
                                        >
                                        > Catzy
                                        >
                                        > Also, someone has to deal with the rift, so there will have to be a
                                        > >Torchwood 3 or equivalent. Might be without jack, but someone has to
                                        > >catch
                                        > >the weevils and such. They could, of course, find a slightly (tongue
                                        > >in
                                        > >cheek here) less obvious hiding place.

                                      • Wiebke White
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Dec 13, 2009
                                          In Season 1, Ep 1, Jack explains to Gwen in the pub that Torchwood 1 was London (Canary Wharf), Torchwood 2 was a funny man in Scotland, Cardiff is Torchwood 3 and Torchwood 4 has gone missing, 'but we'll find it one day.' - not to be confused with seasons 1 to 4 :D

                                          Hope this helps

                                          Wiebke

                                          ________________________________

                                          On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 4:39 AM, Judy R <bbmcowgirl@live. com> wrote:

                                          > It was TW4 that went missing. Also, Jack will be back for series 4. JB
                                          > has already confirmed this.
                                          >
                                          > Judy
                                          >

                                          > To: torchwood@yahoogrou ps.com
                                          > From: catz@...
                                          > Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 06:14:20 -0700
                                          > Subject: RE: [torchwood] some news about S4 Torchwood
                                          >

                                          > I was thinking... was it Torchwood 2 or 4 that got lost (whereabouts
                                          > unknown)? Memory a bit shaky on that one, but Jack explained it early on.
                                          > Suppose Jack & Co. could do something with that, like finding it.
                                          >
                                          > Catzy
                                          >
                                          > Also, someone has to deal with the rift, so there will have to be a
                                          > >Torchwood 3 or equivalent. Might be without jack, but someone has to
                                          > >catch
                                          > >the weevils and such. They could, of course, find a slightly (tongue
                                          > >in
                                          > >cheek here) less obvious hiding place.

                                        • Karel
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Dec 13, 2009
                                            Torchwood Team 4 is missing. As in London was Torchwood 1, Archie in
                                            Scotland (?) was Torchwood 2, Cardiff is TW 3, and then there's a fourth
                                            *somewhere*. In the audio show, we find out there was a Torchwood India, so
                                            there could be other Torchwood around the world.

                                            Karel

                                            Message 21 of 28 , Dec 13, 2009
                                              I'm easily confused as well, don't worry about it.

                                              I was refering to the building. Remember in "Everything Changes" when Jack was explaining TW to Gwen. He said TW1 was destroyed London, TW2 was Galsgow, TW3 was Cardiff and TW4 went missing.

                                              Judy

                                              To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
                                              From: jacksback44@...
                                              Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 16:30:08 -0800

                                              TW4 went missing?? Could you clarify that, please? We haven't had TW4 yet,
                                              so how could it be missing, unless you're referring to a TW4 that's not a
                                              season of the show. Sorry ~~ I'm easy to confuse.

                                              Robbie
                                              Also a "bbmcowgirl"

                                              On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 4:39 AM, Judy R <bbmcowgirl@...> wrote:

                                              > It was TW4 that went missing. Also, Jack will be back for series 4. JB
                                              > has already confirmed this.
                                              >
                                              > Judy

                                            • Mark Hadlund
                                              Message 22 of 28 , Dec 13, 2009
                                                Perhaps Torchwood 4 went they way of Babylon 4.

                                                Mark

                                                To: torchwood@yahoogrou ps.com

                                                From: jacksback44@ gmail.com

                                                Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 16:30:08 -0800

                                                TW4 went missing?? Could you clarify that, please? We haven't had TW4 yet,

                                                so how could it be missing, unless you're referring to a TW4 that's not a

                                                season of the show. Sorry ~~ I'm easy to confuse.

                                                Robbie

                                                Also a "bbmcowgirl"

                                                On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 4:39 AM, Judy R <bbmcowgirl@live. com> wrote:

                                                > It was TW4 that went missing. Also, Jack will be back for series 4. JB

                                                > has already confirmed this.

                                                > Judy

                                                http://clk.atdmt com/GBL/go/ 177141665/ direct/01/

                                              • Gillian Nuttall
                                                Message 23 of 28 , Dec 13, 2009
                                                  Thanks for the reminder. I always wondered if that comment was some sort of nod to Babylon 5 (Babylon 4 having gone missing)!

                                                  Gill

                                                  +In Season 1, Ep 1, Jack explains to Gwen in the pub that Torchwood 1 was
                                                  +London (Canary Wharf), Torchwood 2 was a funny man in Scotland, Cardiff is
                                                  +Torchwood 3 and Torchwood 4 has gone missing, 'but we'll find it one day.' -
                                                  +not to be confused with seasons 1 to 4 :D
                                                  +
                                                  +Hope this helps
                                                  +
                                                  +Wiebke
                                                  +
                                                  +
                                                  +
                                                  +
                                                  +________________________________
                                                  +TW4 went missing?? Could you clarify that, please? We haven't had TW4 yet,
                                                  +so how could it be missing, unless you're referring to a TW4 that's not a
                                                  +season of the show. Sorry ~~ I'm easy to confuse.
                                                  +
                                                  +Robbie
                                                  +Also a "bbmcowgirl"
                                                  +
                                                  +On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 4:39 AM, Judy R <bbmcowgirl@live. com> wrote:
                                                  +
                                                  +>
                                                  +> It was TW4 that went missing. Also, Jack will be back for series 4. JB
                                                  +> has already confirmed this.
                                                  +>
                                                  +> Judy
                                                  +>
                                                  +
                                                  +>
                                                  +> To: torchwood@yahoogrou ps.com
                                                  +> From: catz@...
                                                  +> Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 06:14:20 -0700
                                                  +>
                                                  +
[...]
                                                  +[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                                                  +
                                                  +
                                                  +
                                                  +
                                                  +
                                                  +
                                                  +
                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Dec 13, 2009
                                                    That would be interesting. Maybe the Daleks got them all.

                                                    Judy

                                                    To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
                                                    From: iahadlund@...
                                                    Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 10:42:43 -0800

                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Dec 13, 2009
                                                      Torchwood 4 as in the 4th Torchwood location, Not Season 4 of Torchwood.
                                                      Maybe you missed that episode that mentioned the different fates of the
                                                      different locations of Torchwood.

                                                      Russell Fletcher (PastorDIC)
                                                      Battle Ground, WA

                                                      Message 26 of 28 , Dec 13, 2009
                                                        You wrote that JB has confirmed that Jack will be back for TW4. Has the
                                                        director/producer/etc., confirmed the same thing?

                                                        Robbie

                                                        On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 9:32 AM, sem <catz@...> wrote:

                                                        > Yeah, I knew that which is why I proposed a possible scenario.

                                                      • Judy R
                                                        Message 27 of 28 , Dec 13, 2009
                                                          I 'think' they did but since I now have no way to download any of the vid's or radio shows I hear these things on I can't remember where I heard it (I do know it was on video and not radio). I do know that the interviewer asked JB and he said that now that it's common knowledge he can o ahead and confirm (or words to that effect). He also said that yes he was going to be in the Doctor Who finale.

                                                          Judy

                                                          To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
                                                          From: jacksback44@...
                                                          Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 15:17:19 -0800

                                                          You wrote that JB has confirmed that Jack will be back for TW4. Has the
                                                          director/producer/etc., confirmed the same thing?

                                                          Robbie

                                                        • Daren :)
                                                          Message 28 of 28 , Dec 13, 2009
                                                            If RTD has anything to do with the writing of the first few episodes of Torchwood season 4 we will never guess what will happen next and be suprised to see how it turns out and I have no doubt he'll have some very clever twists to ad to the new series

                                                            Daren

                                                            To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
                                                            From: iahadlund@...
                                                            Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 10:42:43 -0800