OT: paying it forward

  • Kim
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2009
      Over a decade ago, people on the interwebs, many of whom I didn't
      know anything of, helped me after an apt. fire that left me with very
      little. I don't know now who those people were, but I can pay it
      forward, by helping others, and getting the news out.

      Paying it forward is a great concept. So here's two guys that you can
      help out, if you like. Both of them stand to lose their houses and
      their land, and so folks on the 'Net have banded together to help them out.

      Dave of the LiveJournal community save_dave I don't know from Adam,
      but Tom Smith (filkertom on LJ) does, and that's good enough for me.
      This community is full of auctions to help out and one can also
      donate directly.

      http://community.livejournal.com/save_dave/profile

      Then there's Ik the Troll, that those of you who attend Dragoncon
      might have seen--well, he's kind of difficult to miss. :) This
      website gives a lot of info:

      <http://www.savethetroll.moonfruit.com/#/about-us/4535881368>http://www.savethetroll.moonfruit.com/#/about-us/4535881368

      and there's been a number of posts in the dragoncon community on
      LiveJournal to promote helping the Troll.

      http://community.livejournal.com/dragoncon/

      Both of these guys are the wonderful sort of person who helps others,
      so now it's our turn to help them. Thanks for anything that you can
      do. And please pass it on.

      Take care,
      Kim