need info pls

  • jakesilbermann79
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 6, 2009
      I would like to know if there is a third season to the series or does it end after the second season.

      Thanks for your time

      J.S.
    • ana mattison
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 10, 2009
        Whether or not there is a season three set in the Original Torchwood universe is debatable.

        To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
        From: ericbilodeau79@...
        Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 13:22:34 +0000
        Subject: [torchwood] need info pls

        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 10, 2009
          Well, BBCA is running little ads for Torchwood featuring both Jack and Gwen. Only those two. not sure if there has been any actual announcement but reading between the lines...........

          dennis

          ---- jakesilbermann79 <ericbilodeau79@...> wrote:

          > I would like to know if there is a third season to the series or does it end after the second season.
          >
          > Thanks for your time
          >
          > J.S.

        • badblokebob
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 11, 2009
            There is a third season -- a 5-part miniseries called "Children of Earth". The production team are currently in discussions with the BBC about a fourth series and what form it will take (as last reported, anyway, as those discussions could've concluded for all we know).

            --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "jakesilbermann79" <ericbilodeau79@...> wrote:

            > I would like to know if there is a third season to the series or does it end after the second season.
            >
            > Thanks for your time
            >
            > J.S.

          • Chris Garen
            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 11, 2009
              Children of Earth is series three.There have been two previous seasons of Torchwood both 13 episodes and I think available on DVD.John has stated a few times recently that he is currently in talks with the BBC aboutTorchwood 4 and  Tonights the Night and has left room in his schedule but nothing as yet is finalised.I hope this helps.
                    best wishes Chris

              Whether or not there is a season three set in the Original Torchwood universe is debatable.

              To: torchwood@yahoogrou ps.com
              From: ericbilodeau79@ hotmail.com
              Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 13:22:34 +0000

              I would like to know if there is a third season to the series or does it end after the second season.

              Thanks for your time

              J.S.

              http://clk.atdmt com/GBL/go/ 177141665/ direct/01/

            • Karel
              Message 6 of 16 , Oct 11, 2009
                There are two seasons. Then there is TW: Children of Earth. Some people
                consider that the third season.

                > I would like to know if there is a third season to the series or does it
                > end after the second season.
                >
                > Thanks for your time
                >
                > J.S.

              • fashionata18
                Message 7 of 16 , Oct 11, 2009
                  OH so given that it sounds like none of the old cast is coming back anytime soon. If not that might add some newbies. WHO knows..lol

                  --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, <flashn9wdq@...> wrote:

                  > Well, BBCA is running little ads for Torchwood featuring both Jack and Gwen. Only those two. not sure if there has been any actual announcement but reading between the lines...........
                  >
                  > dennis
                  >
                  > ---- jakesilbermann79 <ericbilodeau79@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I would like to know if there is a third season to the series or does it end after the second season.
                  > >
                  > > Thanks for your time
                  > >
                  > > J.S.

                • badblokebob
                  Message 8 of 16 , Oct 12, 2009
                    People like, y'know, the production team.

                    --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Karel" <jerseyjunior@...> wrote:

                    > There are two seasons. Then there is TW: Children of Earth. Some people
                    > consider that the third season.

                  • Jakx
                    Message 9 of 16 , Oct 12, 2009
                      Season 3 of Torchwood aired in the UK in July.

                      It was 5 x 60 min eps telling one story on BBC1.

                      IIt has since aired in the US, and some other places (Canada and Australia i 'think').

                      Am employee of BBCAmerica stated at comic con that series 4 has been commisioned, although nothing has be confirmed from the BBC here in the UK.

                      Jakx

                      Message 10 of 16 , Oct 12, 2009
                        Nothing debateable at all.

                        Children of Earth is the OFFICIAL series 3 of Torchwood.

                        Jakx

                        Whether or not there is a season three set in the Original Torchwood universe is debatable.

                        To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com

                        Message 11 of 16 , Oct 12, 2009
                          Nothing official has been confirmed by BBC here in the UK about series 4.

                          Apparenlty there is an interview with John Barrowman where he lists his commitments for all of next year. Torchwood isn`t on it.

                          Jakx

                          Well, BBCA is running little ads for Torchwood featuring both Jack and Gwen. Only those two. not sure if there has been any actual announcement but reading between the lines...........

                          dennis

                          ---- jakesilbermann79 <ericbilodeau79@...> wrote:

                          > I would like to know if there is a third season to the series or does it end after the second season.
                          >
                          > Thanks for your time
                          >
                          > J.S.

                        • Jakx
                          Message 12 of 16 , Oct 12, 2009
                            The makers of Torchwood consider it the third series.

                            That makes it the third series.

                            Officially.

                            Jakx

                            There are two seasons. Then there is TW: Children of Earth. Some people
                            consider that the third season.

                            > I would like to know if there is a third season to the series or does it
                            > end after the second season.
                            >
                            > Thanks for your time
                            >
                            > J.S.

                          • Lori
                            Message 13 of 16 , Oct 12, 2009
                              Children of Earth was the official Series 3 (third season) of Torchwood. They just did a special one week epic presentation for it since it was only 5 eps.

                              Lori

                              --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "jakesilbermann79" <ericbilodeau79@...> wrote:

                              > I would like to know if there is a third season to the series or does it end after the second season.
                              >
                              > Thanks for your time
                              >
                              > J.S.

                            • Michele B
                              Message 14 of 16 , Oct 12, 2009
                                Children of Earth IS the 3rd season. The 4th season has been approved but due to schedules, no one knows when it will be filmed.

                                Michele

                                --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "jakesilbermann79" <ericbilodeau79@...> wrote:

                                > I would like to know if there is a third season to the series or does it end after the second season.
                                >
                                > Thanks for your time
                                >
                                > J.S.

                              • badblokebob
                                Message 15 of 16 , Oct 14, 2009
                                  Assuming you mean the Digital Spy one, Barrowman says he has a space in his schedule ready for Torchwood (it's in the first half of next year), but that discussions are on-going with nothing confirmed.

                                  Incidentally, he also once again expresses his desire to return to 13 episodes, but suggests that could be two or three Children of Earth-style longer stories if they preferred rather than 13 stand-alones.

                                  --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Jakx" <jakx.willmott@...> wrote:

                                  > Nothing official has been confirmed by BBC here in the UK about series 4.
                                  >
                                  > Apparenlty there is an interview with John Barrowman where he lists his commitments for all of next year. Torchwood isn`t on it.
                                  >
                                  > Jakx

                                • Lori
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Oct 14, 2009
                                    John Barrowman said he leaves room for Torchwood. Talks are ongoing for S4. Torchwood is always in his schedule and he'll work around Torchwood. (the best he can anyway)

                                    Lori