Re: [torchwood] okay.... TWCOE US DVD release vs UK DVD release?

  • Robert A. Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 2, 2009
      At 12:34 -0500 on 08/02/2009, dennis tuchalski wrote about Re:
      [torchwood] okay.... TWCOE US DVD release vs UK DVD rel:

      >I also just received my DVD's from Amazon. You guys are sure good at
      >looking for the fine print! It took me a bit to find that disclaimer
      >about the music. What I am curious about is the phrase on the cover "as
      >seen on BBC America". Is there such a thing on the UK version? AND is
      >there a difference in the US and UK versions?
      >
      >dennis

      >The version shown on BBCA was edited (slightly?) for the US Audience. The "as
      seen on BBC America" could mean that it is the BBCA edited version or
      just an ad saying that the series aired on BBCA while being the same
      version that aired on BBC UK (ie: It is a Region 1 pressing of the
      BBC UK Region 2 DVD [In Which Case: Since it was being released at
      the same time in the US and UK, there would be no VALID reason why
      the DVD could not be pressed as a Region 1 + 2 DVD since it would
      have the same content]).