Re: [torchwood] okay.... TWCOE US DVD release vs UK DVD release?

  • dennis tuchalski
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 2, 2009
      I also just received my DVD's from Amazon. You guys are sure good at
      looking for the fine print! It took me a bit to find that disclaimer
      about the music. What I am curious about is the phrase on the cover "as
      seen on BBC America". Is there such a thing on the UK version? AND is
      there a difference in the US and UK versions?

      dennis

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 2, 2009
        At 01:34 PM 8/2/2009, dennis tuchalski, annotated:
        >I also just received my DVD's from Amazon. You guys are sure good at
        >looking for the fine print! It took me a bit to find that disclaimer
        >about the music. What I am curious about is the phrase on the cover
        >"as seen on BBC America". Is there such a thing on the UK version?
        >AND is there a difference in the US and UK versions?
        >
        >dennis

        thus far it appears that with the exception of the packaging, region
        coding and video format - both the UK and the US releases are
        identical right down to the disclaimer about the music....

        if there are any differences no one has so far pointed them out

        interestingly enough the "Inside the Hub' special that BBCA broadcast
        is not apart of the official release NOR are the daily 'Extended
        Inside Look' segments also broadcast on BBCA but not in the UK.

        pfyre
      • Robert A. Rosenberg
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 2, 2009
          At 12:34 -0500 on 08/02/2009, dennis tuchalski wrote about Re:
          [torchwood] okay.... TWCOE US DVD release vs UK DVD rel:

          >I also just received my DVD's from Amazon. You guys are sure good at
          >looking for the fine print! It took me a bit to find that disclaimer
          >about the music. What I am curious about is the phrase on the cover "as
          >seen on BBC America". Is there such a thing on the UK version? AND is
          >there a difference in the US and UK versions?
          >
          >dennis

          >The version shown on BBCA was edited (slightly?) for the US Audience. The "as
          seen on BBC America" could mean that it is the BBCA edited version or
          just an ad saying that the series aired on BBCA while being the same
          version that aired on BBC UK (ie: It is a Region 1 pressing of the
          BBC UK Region 2 DVD [In Which Case: Since it was being released at
          the same time in the US and UK, there would be no VALID reason why
          the DVD could not be pressed as a Region 1 + 2 DVD since it would
          have the same content]).