okay.... TWCOE US DVD release vs UK DVD release?

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 29, 2009
      got my DVDs yesterday from Amazon.com....

      did those who got the UK release notice anything on the box that read:

      "Music in episode 5 differs from broadcast version."?

      Has anyone figured out which music is changed? And was it different
      in the US broadcast vs the UK broadcast as well?

      pfyre

    • Andre Andre
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 29, 2009
        I haven't gotten mine yet but it was shipped yesterday.

        Does the boxed set include the pre-airing catch up preview that was shown right before Day One?  it was an incredible retrospect over the first two series with commentary by cast and RTD.  I'd love to own that.

        Andre

      • ThistleThorne@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 29, 2009
          Got my copy in mail yesterday (I live in the US) and immediatly went for the extras.? There's a Torchwood Declassified but it contains none of the stuff that was on BBCA -- the hour program before Day One and the 15 minute segments after each Day are not included.? I'm going to be copying them onto DVD this weekend and then taking the shows off my DVR.? I left them on because I wasn't going to take any chances that I'd not be able to keep those segments.

          I know that the DVDs were put out real quick, but there could have been a lot more extras on it.? The ONLY thing is the TW Declassified.

          Oh, and there's a notice that the music on episode five differs from broadcast version.? I'm going to have to see if I can tell the difference.

          What's on the UK version?

          ?*******************************************
          Learn the rules so you know how to
          break them properly
          --Dalai Lama

          ThistleThorne
          ThistleThorne@...
          http://www.fanfiction.net/~thistlethorne

          I haven't gotten mine yet but it was shipped yesterday.?
          ?
          Does the boxed set include the pre-airing catch up preview that was shown right before Day One?? it was an incredible retrospect over the first two series with commentary by cast and RTD.? I'd love to own that.
          ?
          Andre

          got my DVDs yesterday from Amazon.com.. ..

          did those who got the UK release notice anything on the box that read:

          "Music in episode 5 differs from broadcast version."?

          Has anyone figured out which music is changed? And was it different
          in the US broadcast vs the UK broadcast as well?

          pfyre

        • Robert A. Rosenberg
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 29, 2009
            At 13:02 -0700 on 07/29/2009, Andre Andre wrote about Re: [torchwood]
            okay.... TWCOE US DVD release vs UK DVD rel:

            >I haven't gotten mine yet but it was shipped yesterday.
            >
            >Does the boxed set include the pre-airing catch up preview that was
            >shown right before Day One? it was an incredible retrospect over
            >the first two series with commentary by cast and RTD. I'd love to
            >own that.
            >
            >Andre

            That was a special show by BBCA and I doubt it is on the DVD (which
            is I assume the same content as was shown on BBC UK and on the BBC UK
            DVD). The file is available on Torrent Sites (which is where I got my
            copy) so you can get it that way.
          • Andre Andre
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 30, 2009
              Thanks, I'll look for that.

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 30, 2009
                At 06:25 PM 7/29/2009, ThistleThorne@..., annotated:
                >Got my copy in mail yesterday (I live in the US) and immediatly went
                >for the extras.? There's a Torchwood Declassified but it contains
                >none of the stuff that was on BBCA -- the hour program before Day
                >One and the 15 minute segments after each Day are not included.? I'm
                >going to be copying them onto DVD this weekend and then taking the
                >shows off my DVR.? I left them on because I wasn't going to take any
                >chances that I'd not be able to keep those segments.
                >
                >I know that the DVDs were put out real quick, but there could have
                >been a lot more extras on it.? The ONLY thing is the TW Declassified.
                >
                >Oh, and there's a notice that the music on episode five differs from
                >broadcast version.? I'm going to have to see if I can tell the difference.
                >
                >What's on the UK version?

                to the best of anyone's knowledge - the two releases are the same
                (except for the region marker and the video format of course) - plus
                the UK box also says the thing about the modified music in episode 5

                pfyre

              • dennis tuchalski
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 2 10:34 AM
                  I also just received my DVD's from Amazon. You guys are sure good at
                  looking for the fine print! It took me a bit to find that disclaimer
                  about the music. What I am curious about is the phrase on the cover "as
                  seen on BBC America". Is there such a thing on the UK version? AND is
                  there a difference in the US and UK versions?

                  dennis

                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 2 11:34 AM
                    At 01:34 PM 8/2/2009, dennis tuchalski, annotated:
                    >I also just received my DVD's from Amazon. You guys are sure good at
                    >looking for the fine print! It took me a bit to find that disclaimer
                    >about the music. What I am curious about is the phrase on the cover
                    >"as seen on BBC America". Is there such a thing on the UK version?
                    >AND is there a difference in the US and UK versions?
                    >
                    >dennis

                    thus far it appears that with the exception of the packaging, region
                    coding and video format - both the UK and the US releases are
                    identical right down to the disclaimer about the music....

                    if there are any differences no one has so far pointed them out

                    interestingly enough the "Inside the Hub' special that BBCA broadcast
                    is not apart of the official release NOR are the daily 'Extended
                    Inside Look' segments also broadcast on BBCA but not in the UK.

                    pfyre
                  • Robert A. Rosenberg
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 2 7:30 PM
                      At 12:34 -0500 on 08/02/2009, dennis tuchalski wrote about Re:
                      [torchwood] okay.... TWCOE US DVD release vs UK DVD rel:

                      >I also just received my DVD's from Amazon. You guys are sure good at
                      >looking for the fine print! It took me a bit to find that disclaimer
                      >about the music. What I am curious about is the phrase on the cover "as
                      >seen on BBC America". Is there such a thing on the UK version? AND is
                      >there a difference in the US and UK versions?
                      >
                      >dennis

                      >The version shown on BBCA was edited (slightly?) for the US Audience. The "as
                      seen on BBC America" could mean that it is the BBCA edited version or
                      just an ad saying that the series aired on BBCA while being the same
                      version that aired on BBC UK (ie: It is a Region 1 pressing of the
                      BBC UK Region 2 DVD [In Which Case: Since it was being released at
                      the same time in the US and UK, there would be no VALID reason why
                      the DVD could not be pressed as a Region 1 + 2 DVD since it would
                      have the same content]).