Let's do the Time Warp again

  • virgo_teddybear
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2007
      After reading a few of the recent posts on here regarding a couple of
      viewpoints I thought maybe a little trip back in time would help.

      My TARDIS lands in May of 1996 and I am watching the premiere of the
      Doctor Who movie on fox. After asking myself if Eric Roberts' has
      some kind of production agreement with the network, he has just been
      in the last two of the Tuesday night movies, I dont think that the
      film is too bad, apart from the lack of a monster. That would have
      probably drawn away the people watching the monster on ABC that
      night, 3 guesses who I am talking about.

      Of course, a few months later, the one thing that many people were
      disturbed about was not the shooting by a street gang of our beloved
      Time Lord, but rather the fact that he "snogged" a girl. "The
      universe will be ending just after dinner in 20 minutes time"

      After being bored hanging out in the suburbs of Chicago I set course
      for about 8 years later. To see what other trouble THIS Doctor can
      get himself into.

      I pick up the 330th issue of a quaint little publication called
      Doctor Who magazine. I look through and read the letters page and see
      one from one Russel T. Davies of manchester. I take his
      comment..."Just after I'd thrown up over the lesbian kiss too- ....
      and important (maybe more than you know)" I realize I need to see
      this comic strip he is talking about.

      I jump ahead another year and see the last episode of Doctor Who 2005
      to see one character kissing the pretty girl just before he kisses
      the Doctor!

      I wonder what people will say about this. Being in the middle of
      nowhere, also called the suburbs of Chicago I dont hear much.

      Until I join a group dedicated to another interesting show featuring
      the "guy who snogged Doctor Who". Now as I wait for my DVD of the
      final episode of Torchwood, provided by a fellow colonial that has
      been getting them from the Isles, I am just sitting back thinking
      back. I have a ton of emails from the group concerning the kiss on
      this other show, I can only imagine what the last kiss generated.

      I find it all rather interesting as I try to figure out the natural
      progression of this. I also wonder to myself, is Mary Whitehouse
      still alive?

      By the way, I have gotten a copy of Murray Gold's CD of the Doctor
      Who soundtrack, courtesy of an american importer, and have to say
      GREAT!!! I wont post the name of the company in case it is against
      group rules. I will wait for the owner to give the heads up.

      Just remember kids, it could get worse.....