Re: [torchwood] Asylum download

  • Aclo
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
      me too

      On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 2:35 PM, merlianne <merlianne@...> wrote:

      > I've tried downloading from the website but get the message that the
      > podcast is not available outside the UK ?

    • Joni
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
        What's the link you were using to access it? Did you use the right
        click and save the link/file directions?

        Joni

        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
          At 01:35 PM 7/2/2009, merlianne, annotated:
          >I've tried downloading from the website but get the message that the
          >podcast is not available outside the UK ?

          I live outside the U.K. (and believe me the BBC site knows this if I
          try to access Videos) and I had no problem accessing the download file.

          Download the plays

          Torchwood - Asylum

          Torchwood: Asylum

          2.15-3.00pm, Wednesday 1 July 2009

          When PC Andy arrests a teenager for shoplifting, he thinks it is
          going to be a routine case. Then he sees the weapon she is carrying
          and decides to call in the Torchwood team.
          By Anita Sullivan.

          Download Torchwood - Asylum (right click and "save target as"
          (available until 7 July 2009).
          <http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/_ood/torchwood1jul09/torchwood1jul09_20090701-1500.mp3>
          or if that does not work: <http://preview.tinyurl.com/n6fyje> right
          click on the "Proceed to this site" and 'save target as'
          Torchwood - golden age

          Torchwood: Golden Age

          2.15-3.00pm, Thursday 2 July 2009

          The Torchwood team are led to Delhi on the trail of a dangerous energy field.
          By James Goss.

          Download Torchwood - Golden Age (right click and "save target as"
          (available until 8 July 2009).
          <http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/_ood/torchwood2jul09/torchwood2jul09_20090702-1500.mp3>
          or if that does not work: <http://preview.tinyurl.com/nvb4kl > right
          click on the "Proceed to this site" and 'save target as'

          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
            ***Did you try right click and save as???? I've not had any problems as at and I'm in
            the USA.
            Lori

            I've tried downloading from the website but get the message that the podcast is not available outside the UK ?

          • Melissa Ivey
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
              I am currently downloading the Golden Age from the link below. (I live in the US.) I had difficulty earlier, but I'm not sure why. I was also able to download Asylum yesterday.

              Melissa

              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
                At 18:29 -0300 on 07/02/2009, Aclo wrote about Re: [torchwood] Asylum download:

                >me too
                >
                >On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 2:35 PM, merlianne
                ><<mailto:merlianne%40yahoo.com>merlianne@...> wrote:
                >

                >> I've tried downloading from the website but get the message that the
                > > podcast is not available outside the UK ?

                You are using the wrong link on the page. Select the one that says
                "Download Torchwood - Asylum (right click and "save target as"), and
                right click it. That will do a download of the file.

              • Robert A. Rosenberg
                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 3, 2009
                  At 19:54 -0400 on 07/02/2009, Melissa Ivey wrote about Re:
                  [torchwood] Golden Age download:

                  >I am currently downloading the Golden Age from the link below. (I
                  >live in the US.) I had difficulty earlier, but I'm not sure why. I
                  >was also able to download Asylum yesterday.

                  The BBC has apparently locked down the Download Link for non-UK
                  locations on today's episode. The Play Option still works as does the
                  download links for Wednesday's and Thursday's Episodes. If you try to
                  download today's show they feed you a "You are not authorized to
                  download this show" audio clip.
                • Joni
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 3, 2009
                    Indeed they have, glad I downloaded it right after it aired this
                    morning. I can get Golden Age but not the others now.

                    Joni

                    2009/7/3 Robert A. Rosenberg <rarpsl@...>:

                    > At 19:54 -0400 on 07/02/2009, Melissa Ivey wrote about Re:
                    > [torchwood] Golden Age download:
                    >
                    >>I am currently downloading the Golden Age from the link below. (I
                    >>live in the US.) I had difficulty earlier, but I'm not sure why. I
                    >>was also able to download Asylum yesterday.
                    >
                    > The BBC has apparently locked down the Download Link for non-UK
                    > locations on today's episode. The Play Option still works as does the
                    > download links for Wednesday's and Thursday's Episodes. If you try to
                    > download today's show they feed you a "You are not authorized to
                    > download this show" audio clip.
                  • sem
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 6, 2009
                      I could only get #2. #1 and #3 are "not allowed". I assume all 3 are part of the same story? I feel like I've walked into the middle of something.

                      catzy

                    • Joni
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jul 6, 2009
                        The files were available early on but then got locked down. I've seen
                        copies of them pop up on the internet that are honestly better than
                        the BBC ones anyway - these are in stereo and the BBC downloads are in
                        mono.

                        Joni, very excited about tonight!