Re: [torchwood] Radio Plays and File Sharing

  • loribw411@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 2, 2009
      I didn't have any problems downloading from the site either.? It works
      fine too.

      Lori

      On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 9:15 AM, Dean L.
      Kaufman<deanlkaufman@...> wrote:
      > I am a member of numerous file sharing sites and was surprised yesterday to find that nobody appeared to be uploading the new Torchwood radio drama "Asylum".
      >
      > When I went to one that deals exclusively with British content, I was written back and told that due to the fact that all three radio dramas are about to be released on CD and sold that way, that they would not allow anybody to post the shows on their site. ?I wrote this file sharing site back and asked if they would allow "Children of Earth" and they said it would not be posted as it too was about to released in a DVD set.

      Considering it took me about a minute and one right-click to download
      each radio drama available so far, why go to a file-sharing site?
      Seems like a lot of bother for nothing, and I figure these will be
      virus-free (something I always doubt on file-sharing sites)..

      Nancy Kaminski

    • John
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 2, 2009
        I also belong to numerous file sharing sites and I had to do some searching but it didn't take me long to find both Asylum and Golden Age. I will not post the name of the site on the list but the uploads are out there, you just have to dig a bit harder than usual.

        John

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2, 2009
          In the past - the radio shows, etc. have been available outside the
          UK and in this instance these radio dramas are as well. I live in the
          U.S. and went directly there and downloaded them to my computer. I
          can see where after a week - when they are no longer available at the
          BBC site - that then people would be sharing the files through other
          means but until then it simply makes sense to get them from the
          source (it also gives the BBC an indicator of the interest in the TW
          dramas as well).
          <http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/torchwood/download/>

          At 10:15 AM 7/2/2009, Dean L. Kaufman, annotated:

        • Craig J. Ries
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 2, 2009
            Dean L. Kaufman wrote:

            > As "Children of Earth" starts airing on BBC One this Monday evening,
            > many file sharing sites may totally avoid it due to the fact that it
            > is about to be released on Blu-Ray and DVD.

            I really don't believe this will be a problem. I'm sure you can find new
            episodes of any show just after they air, even if those shows will be on
            Hulu as well.

            As it stands, I'm in the situation of going for the 'red eye flights'
            when the show airs next week for two reasons.

            First, I'm not expecting Dish Network to have BBCA HD when it launches,
            which is when the new Torchwood will air.

            Second, I leave on Wed. morning of that week for San Diego for
            Comic-Con, so I wouldn't see episodes 3-5 until I get home (anybody been
            to a hotel with BBC America available to watch?). And since I'm going to
            go to a panel for the show that weekend which will likely contain
            spoilers, I want to see the episodes beforehand.

            Craig J. Ries