Re: [torchwood] Asylum download

  • Melissa Ivey
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 1, 2009
      Thanks for providing the link. I just downloaded into itunes.

      Melissa

      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
        I've tried downloading from the website but get the message that the podcast is not available outside the UK ?

      • Aclo
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
          me too

          On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 2:35 PM, merlianne <merlianne@...> wrote:

          > I've tried downloading from the website but get the message that the
          > podcast is not available outside the UK ?

        • Joni
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
            What's the link you were using to access it? Did you use the right
            click and save the link/file directions?

            Joni

            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
              At 01:35 PM 7/2/2009, merlianne, annotated:
              >I've tried downloading from the website but get the message that the
              >podcast is not available outside the UK ?

              I live outside the U.K. (and believe me the BBC site knows this if I
              try to access Videos) and I had no problem accessing the download file.

              Download the plays

              Torchwood - Asylum

              Torchwood: Asylum

              2.15-3.00pm, Wednesday 1 July 2009

              When PC Andy arrests a teenager for shoplifting, he thinks it is
              going to be a routine case. Then he sees the weapon she is carrying
              and decides to call in the Torchwood team.
              By Anita Sullivan.

              Download Torchwood - Asylum (right click and "save target as"
              (available until 7 July 2009).
              <http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/_ood/torchwood1jul09/torchwood1jul09_20090701-1500.mp3>
              or if that does not work: <http://preview.tinyurl.com/n6fyje> right
              click on the "Proceed to this site" and 'save target as'
              Torchwood - golden age

              Torchwood: Golden Age

              2.15-3.00pm, Thursday 2 July 2009

              The Torchwood team are led to Delhi on the trail of a dangerous energy field.
              By James Goss.

              Download Torchwood - Golden Age (right click and "save target as"
              (available until 8 July 2009).
              <http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/_ood/torchwood2jul09/torchwood2jul09_20090702-1500.mp3>
              or if that does not work: <http://preview.tinyurl.com/nvb4kl > right
              click on the "Proceed to this site" and 'save target as'

              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
                ***Did you try right click and save as???? I've not had any problems as at and I'm in
                the USA.
                Lori

                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
                  I am currently downloading the Golden Age from the link below. (I live in the US.) I had difficulty earlier, but I'm not sure why. I was also able to download Asylum yesterday.

                  Melissa

                  I'm in Canada and was able to download it this morning.
                  http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/torchwood/download/

                  (Right click and save as)

                  Joni

                  2009/7/1 Christopher Zarozinski <czarozinski@...>:

                  > Is there any way that us here in the great US of A can download the radio
                  > plays that are going on this week? I was able to get the one last year (Lost
                  > Souls) but not Asylum. I'd love to listen to it on my Ipod as I drive home
                  > today.

                • Robert A. Rosenberg
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
                    At 18:29 -0300 on 07/02/2009, Aclo wrote about Re: [torchwood] Asylum download:

                    >me too
                    >
                    >On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 2:35 PM, merlianne
                    ><<mailto:merlianne%40yahoo.com>merlianne@...> wrote:
                    >

                    >> I've tried downloading from the website but get the message that the
                    > > podcast is not available outside the UK ?

                    You are using the wrong link on the page. Select the one that says
                    "Download Torchwood - Asylum (right click and "save target as"), and
                    right click it. That will do a download of the file.

                  • Robert A. Rosenberg
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 3, 2009
                      At 19:54 -0400 on 07/02/2009, Melissa Ivey wrote about Re:
                      [torchwood] Golden Age download:

                      >I am currently downloading the Golden Age from the link below. (I
                      >live in the US.) I had difficulty earlier, but I'm not sure why. I
                      >was also able to download Asylum yesterday.

                      The BBC has apparently locked down the Download Link for non-UK
                      locations on today's episode. The Play Option still works as does the
                      download links for Wednesday's and Thursday's Episodes. If you try to
                      download today's show they feed you a "You are not authorized to
                      download this show" audio clip.
                    • Joni
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jul 3, 2009
                        Indeed they have, glad I downloaded it right after it aired this
                        morning. I can get Golden Age but not the others now.

                        Joni

                        2009/7/3 Robert A. Rosenberg <rarpsl@...>:

                        > At 19:54 -0400 on 07/02/2009, Melissa Ivey wrote about Re:
                        > [torchwood] Golden Age download:
                        >
                        >>I am currently downloading the Golden Age from the link below. (I
                        >>live in the US.) I had difficulty earlier, but I'm not sure why. I
                        >>was also able to download Asylum yesterday.
                        >
                        > The BBC has apparently locked down the Download Link for non-UK
                        > locations on today's episode. The Play Option still works as does the
                        > download links for Wednesday's and Thursday's Episodes. If you try to
                        > download today's show they feed you a "You are not authorized to
                        > download this show" audio clip.
                      • sem
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jul 6, 2009
                          I could only get #2. #1 and #3 are "not allowed". I assume all 3 are part of the same story? I feel like I've walked into the middle of something.

                          catzy

                        • Joni
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jul 6, 2009
                            The files were available early on but then got locked down. I've seen
                            copies of them pop up on the internet that are honestly better than
                            the BBC ones anyway - these are in stereo and the BBC downloads are in
                            mono.

                            Joni, very excited about tonight!