Re: [torchwood] Asylum download

  • Melissa Ivey
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 1 6:07 PM
      Thanks for providing the link. I just downloaded into itunes.

      Melissa

      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 1 7:27 PM
        Ditto.. no issues on d/l in the US. I did have to use IE rather than mozilla tho.. not sure why. It's available until the 7th...----- Original Message -----From: loribw411@...: Wednesday, July 1, 2009 1:34 pmSubject: Re: [torchwood] Asylum downloadTo: torchwood@yahoogroups.com> > I was able to download from the site and I'm in the US as well.> > > > Lori> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Is there any way that us here in the great US of A can download > the radio plays that are going on this week? I was able to get > the one last year (Lost Souls) but not Asylum. I'd love to > listen to it on my Ipod as I drive home today.> > > > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]> > Namaste, Max (Maxime@...) http://www.ShoppingTheRift.com

      • merlianne
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 2 10:35 AM
          I've tried downloading from the website but get the message that the podcast is not available outside the UK ?

        • Aclo
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 2 2:29 PM
            me too

            On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 2:35 PM, merlianne <merlianne@...> wrote:

            > I've tried downloading from the website but get the message that the
            > podcast is not available outside the UK ?

          • Joni
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 2 3:10 PM
              What's the link you were using to access it? Did you use the right
              click and save the link/file directions?

              Joni

              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 2 3:25 PM
                At 01:35 PM 7/2/2009, merlianne, annotated:
                >I've tried downloading from the website but get the message that the
                >podcast is not available outside the UK ?

                I live outside the U.K. (and believe me the BBC site knows this if I
                try to access Videos) and I had no problem accessing the download file.

                Download the plays

                Torchwood - Asylum

                Torchwood: Asylum

                2.15-3.00pm, Wednesday 1 July 2009

                When PC Andy arrests a teenager for shoplifting, he thinks it is
                going to be a routine case. Then he sees the weapon she is carrying
                and decides to call in the Torchwood team.
                By Anita Sullivan.

                Download Torchwood - Asylum (right click and "save target as"
                (available until 7 July 2009).
                <http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/_ood/torchwood1jul09/torchwood1jul09_20090701-1500.mp3>
                or if that does not work: <http://preview.tinyurl.com/n6fyje> right
                click on the "Proceed to this site" and 'save target as'
                Torchwood - golden age

                Torchwood: Golden Age

                2.15-3.00pm, Thursday 2 July 2009

                The Torchwood team are led to Delhi on the trail of a dangerous energy field.
                By James Goss.

                Download Torchwood - Golden Age (right click and "save target as"
                (available until 8 July 2009).
                <http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/_ood/torchwood2jul09/torchwood2jul09_20090702-1500.mp3>
                or if that does not work: <http://preview.tinyurl.com/nvb4kl > right
                click on the "Proceed to this site" and 'save target as'

                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 2 3:41 PM
                  ***Did you try right click and save as???? I've not had any problems as at and I'm in
                  the USA.
                  Lori

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 2 4:54 PM
                    I am currently downloading the Golden Age from the link below. (I live in the US.) I had difficulty earlier, but I'm not sure why. I was also able to download Asylum yesterday.

                    Melissa

                    I'm in Canada and was able to download it this morning.
                    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/torchwood/download/

                    (Right click and save as)

                    Joni

                    2009/7/1 Christopher Zarozinski <czarozinski@...>:

                    > Is there any way that us here in the great US of A can download the radio
                    > plays that are going on this week? I was able to get the one last year (Lost
                    > Souls) but not Asylum. I'd love to listen to it on my Ipod as I drive home
                    > today.

                  • Robert A. Rosenberg
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 2 5:12 PM
                      At 18:29 -0300 on 07/02/2009, Aclo wrote about Re: [torchwood] Asylum download:

                      >me too
                      >
                      >On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 2:35 PM, merlianne
                      ><<mailto:merlianne%40yahoo.com>merlianne@...> wrote:
                      >

                      >> I've tried downloading from the website but get the message that the
                      > > podcast is not available outside the UK ?

                      You are using the wrong link on the page. Select the one that says
                      "Download Torchwood - Asylum (right click and "save target as"), and
                      right click it. That will do a download of the file.

                    • Robert A. Rosenberg
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jul 3 12:55 PM
                        At 19:54 -0400 on 07/02/2009, Melissa Ivey wrote about Re:
                        [torchwood] Golden Age download:

                        >I am currently downloading the Golden Age from the link below. (I
                        >live in the US.) I had difficulty earlier, but I'm not sure why. I
                        >was also able to download Asylum yesterday.

                        The BBC has apparently locked down the Download Link for non-UK
                        locations on today's episode. The Play Option still works as does the
                        download links for Wednesday's and Thursday's Episodes. If you try to
                        download today's show they feed you a "You are not authorized to
                        download this show" audio clip.
                      • Joni
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jul 3 2:44 PM
                          Indeed they have, glad I downloaded it right after it aired this
                          morning. I can get Golden Age but not the others now.

                          Joni

                          2009/7/3 Robert A. Rosenberg <rarpsl@...>:

                          > At 19:54 -0400 on 07/02/2009, Melissa Ivey wrote about Re:
                          > [torchwood] Golden Age download:
                          >
                          >>I am currently downloading the Golden Age from the link below. (I
                          >>live in the US.) I had difficulty earlier, but I'm not sure why. I
                          >>was also able to download Asylum yesterday.
                          >
                          > The BBC has apparently locked down the Download Link for non-UK
                          > locations on today's episode. The Play Option still works as does the
                          > download links for Wednesday's and Thursday's Episodes. If you try to
                          > download today's show they feed you a "You are not authorized to
                          > download this show" audio clip.
                        • sem
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jul 6 7:48 AM
                            I could only get #2. #1 and #3 are "not allowed". I assume all 3 are part of the same story? I feel like I've walked into the middle of something.

                            catzy

                          • Joni
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jul 6 9:08 AM
                              The files were available early on but then got locked down. I've seen
                              copies of them pop up on the internet that are honestly better than
                              the BBC ones anyway - these are in stereo and the BBC downloads are in
                              mono.

                              Joni, very excited about tonight!