Re: [torchwood] Asylum download

  • Joni
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 1, 2009
      I'm in Canada and was able to download it this morning.
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/torchwood/download/

      (Right click and save as)

      Joni

      2009/7/1 Christopher Zarozinski <czarozinski@...>:

      > Is there any way that us here in the great US of A can download the radio
      > plays that are going on this week? I was able to get the one last year (Lost
      > Souls) but not Asylum. I'd love to listen to it on my Ipod as I drive home
      > today.
    • Joni
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 1, 2009
        ETA - click on that link, then right click and save as the appropriate link.

        Joni

        2009/7/1 Joni <joni.crocker@...>:
        > I'm in Canada and was able to download it this morning.
        > http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/torchwood/download/
        >
        > (Right click and save as)
        >
        > Joni
        >
        > 2009/7/1 Christopher Zarozinski <czarozinski@...>:
        >>

        >> Is there any way that us here in the great US of A can download the radio
        >> plays that are going on this week? I was able to get the one last year (Lost
        >> Souls) but not Asylum. I'd love to listen to it on my Ipod as I drive home
        >> today.

      • Melissa Ivey
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 1, 2009
          Thanks for providing the link. I just downloaded into itunes.

          Melissa

        • maxngerry@optonline.net
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 1, 2009
            Ditto.. no issues on d/l in the US. I did have to use IE rather than mozilla tho.. not sure why. It's available until the 7th...----- Original Message -----From: loribw411@...: Wednesday, July 1, 2009 1:34 pmSubject: Re: [torchwood] Asylum downloadTo: torchwood@yahoogroups.com> > I was able to download from the site and I'm in the US as well.> > > > Lori> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Is there any way that us here in the great US of A can download > the radio plays that are going on this week? I was able to get > the one last year (Lost Souls) but not Asylum. I'd love to > listen to it on my Ipod as I drive home today.> > > > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]> > Namaste, Max (Maxime@...) http://www.ShoppingTheRift.com

          • merlianne
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
              I've tried downloading from the website but get the message that the podcast is not available outside the UK ?

            • Aclo
              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
                me too

                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
                  What's the link you were using to access it? Did you use the right
                  click and save the link/file directions?

                  Joni

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
                    At 01:35 PM 7/2/2009, merlianne, annotated:
                    >I've tried downloading from the website but get the message that the
                    >podcast is not available outside the UK ?

                    I live outside the U.K. (and believe me the BBC site knows this if I
                    try to access Videos) and I had no problem accessing the download file.

                    Download the plays

                    Torchwood - Asylum

                    Torchwood: Asylum

                    2.15-3.00pm, Wednesday 1 July 2009

                    When PC Andy arrests a teenager for shoplifting, he thinks it is
                    going to be a routine case. Then he sees the weapon she is carrying
                    and decides to call in the Torchwood team.
                    By Anita Sullivan.

                    Download Torchwood - Asylum (right click and "save target as"
                    (available until 7 July 2009).
                    <http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/_ood/torchwood1jul09/torchwood1jul09_20090701-1500.mp3>
                    or if that does not work: <http://preview.tinyurl.com/n6fyje> right
                    click on the "Proceed to this site" and 'save target as'
                    Torchwood - golden age

                    Torchwood: Golden Age

                    2.15-3.00pm, Thursday 2 July 2009

                    The Torchwood team are led to Delhi on the trail of a dangerous energy field.
                    By James Goss.

                    Download Torchwood - Golden Age (right click and "save target as"
                    (available until 8 July 2009).
                    <http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/_ood/torchwood2jul09/torchwood2jul09_20090702-1500.mp3>
                    or if that does not work: <http://preview.tinyurl.com/nvb4kl > right
                    click on the "Proceed to this site" and 'save target as'

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
                      ***Did you try right click and save as???? I've not had any problems as at and I'm in
                      the USA.
                      Lori

                      Message 10 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
                        I am currently downloading the Golden Age from the link below. (I live in the US.) I had difficulty earlier, but I'm not sure why. I was also able to download Asylum yesterday.

                        Melissa

                        I'm in Canada and was able to download it this morning.
                        http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/torchwood/download/

                        (Right click and save as)

                        Joni

                        2009/7/1 Christopher Zarozinski <czarozinski@...>:

                        > Is there any way that us here in the great US of A can download the radio
                        > plays that are going on this week? I was able to get the one last year (Lost
                        > Souls) but not Asylum. I'd love to listen to it on my Ipod as I drive home
                        > today.

                      • Robert A. Rosenberg
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
                          At 18:29 -0300 on 07/02/2009, Aclo wrote about Re: [torchwood] Asylum download:

                          >me too
                          >
                          >On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 2:35 PM, merlianne
                          ><<mailto:merlianne%40yahoo.com>merlianne@...> wrote:
                          >

                          >> I've tried downloading from the website but get the message that the
                          > > podcast is not available outside the UK ?

                          You are using the wrong link on the page. Select the one that says
                          "Download Torchwood - Asylum (right click and "save target as"), and
                          right click it. That will do a download of the file.

                        • Robert A. Rosenberg
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jul 3, 2009
                            At 19:54 -0400 on 07/02/2009, Melissa Ivey wrote about Re:
                            [torchwood] Golden Age download:

                            >I am currently downloading the Golden Age from the link below. (I
                            >live in the US.) I had difficulty earlier, but I'm not sure why. I
                            >was also able to download Asylum yesterday.

                            The BBC has apparently locked down the Download Link for non-UK
                            locations on today's episode. The Play Option still works as does the
                            download links for Wednesday's and Thursday's Episodes. If you try to
                            download today's show they feed you a "You are not authorized to
                            download this show" audio clip.
                          • Joni
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jul 3, 2009
                              Indeed they have, glad I downloaded it right after it aired this
                              morning. I can get Golden Age but not the others now.

                              Joni

                              2009/7/3 Robert A. Rosenberg <rarpsl@...>:

                              > At 19:54 -0400 on 07/02/2009, Melissa Ivey wrote about Re:
                              > [torchwood] Golden Age download:
                              >
                              >>I am currently downloading the Golden Age from the link below. (I
                              >>live in the US.) I had difficulty earlier, but I'm not sure why. I
                              >>was also able to download Asylum yesterday.
                              >
                              > The BBC has apparently locked down the Download Link for non-UK
                              > locations on today's episode. The Play Option still works as does the
                              > download links for Wednesday's and Thursday's Episodes. If you try to
                              > download today's show they feed you a "You are not authorized to
                              > download this show" audio clip.
                            • sem
                              Message 14 of 17 , Jul 6, 2009
                                I could only get #2. #1 and #3 are "not allowed". I assume all 3 are part of the same story? I feel like I've walked into the middle of something.

                                catzy

                              • Joni
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jul 6, 2009
                                  The files were available early on but then got locked down. I've seen
                                  copies of them pop up on the internet that are honestly better than
                                  the BBC ones anyway - these are in stereo and the BBC downloads are in
                                  mono.

                                  Joni, very excited about tonight!