Asylum download

  • Christopher Zarozinski
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 1, 2009
      Is there any way that us here in the great US of A can download the radio plays that are going on this week? I was able to get the one last year (Lost Souls) but not Asylum. I'd love to listen to it on my Ipod as I drive home today.
    • Joni
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 1, 2009
        I'm in Canada and was able to download it this morning.
        http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/torchwood/download/

        (Right click and save as)

        Joni

        2009/7/1 Christopher Zarozinski <czarozinski@...>:

        > Is there any way that us here in the great US of A can download the radio
        > plays that are going on this week? I was able to get the one last year (Lost
        > Souls) but not Asylum. I'd love to listen to it on my Ipod as I drive home
        > today.
      • Joni
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 1, 2009
          ETA - click on that link, then right click and save as the appropriate link.

          Joni

        • loribw411@aol.com
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 1, 2009
            I was able to download from the site and I'm in the US as well.

            Lori

            Is there any way that us here in the great US of A can download the radio plays that are going on this week? I was able to get the one last year (Lost Souls) but not Asylum. I'd love to listen to it on my Ipod as I drive home today.

          • Melissa Ivey
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 1, 2009
              Thanks for providing the link. I just downloaded into itunes.

              Melissa

            • maxngerry@optonline.net
              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 1, 2009
                Ditto.. no issues on d/l in the US. I did have to use IE rather than mozilla tho.. not sure why. It's available until the 7th...----- Original Message -----From: loribw411@...: Wednesday, July 1, 2009 1:34 pmSubject: Re: [torchwood] Asylum downloadTo: torchwood@yahoogroups.com> > I was able to download from the site and I'm in the US as well.> > > > Lori> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Is there any way that us here in the great US of A can download > the radio plays that are going on this week? I was able to get > the one last year (Lost Souls) but not Asylum. I'd love to > listen to it on my Ipod as I drive home today.> > > > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]> > Namaste, Max (Maxime@...) http://www.ShoppingTheRift.com

              • merlianne
                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
                  I've tried downloading from the website but get the message that the podcast is not available outside the UK ?

                • Aclo
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
                    me too

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
                      What's the link you were using to access it? Did you use the right
                      click and save the link/file directions?

                      Joni

                      Message 10 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
                        At 01:35 PM 7/2/2009, merlianne, annotated:
                        >I've tried downloading from the website but get the message that the
                        >podcast is not available outside the UK ?

                        I live outside the U.K. (and believe me the BBC site knows this if I
                        try to access Videos) and I had no problem accessing the download file.

                        Download the plays

                        Torchwood - Asylum

                        Torchwood: Asylum

                        2.15-3.00pm, Wednesday 1 July 2009

                        When PC Andy arrests a teenager for shoplifting, he thinks it is
                        going to be a routine case. Then he sees the weapon she is carrying
                        and decides to call in the Torchwood team.
                        By Anita Sullivan.

                        Download Torchwood - Asylum (right click and "save target as"
                        (available until 7 July 2009).
                        <http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/_ood/torchwood1jul09/torchwood1jul09_20090701-1500.mp3>
                        or if that does not work: <http://preview.tinyurl.com/n6fyje> right
                        click on the "Proceed to this site" and 'save target as'
                        Torchwood - golden age

                        Torchwood: Golden Age

                        2.15-3.00pm, Thursday 2 July 2009

                        The Torchwood team are led to Delhi on the trail of a dangerous energy field.
                        By James Goss.

                        Download Torchwood - Golden Age (right click and "save target as"
                        (available until 8 July 2009).
                        <http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/_ood/torchwood2jul09/torchwood2jul09_20090702-1500.mp3>
                        or if that does not work: <http://preview.tinyurl.com/nvb4kl > right
                        click on the "Proceed to this site" and 'save target as'

                        Message 11 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
                          ***Did you try right click and save as???? I've not had any problems as at and I'm in
                          the USA.
                          Lori

                          Message 12 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
                            I am currently downloading the Golden Age from the link below. (I live in the US.) I had difficulty earlier, but I'm not sure why. I was also able to download Asylum yesterday.

                            Melissa

                            I'm in Canada and was able to download it this morning.
                            http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/torchwood/download/

                            (Right click and save as)

                            Joni

                            2009/7/1 Christopher Zarozinski <czarozinski@...>:

                            > Is there any way that us here in the great US of A can download the radio
                            > plays that are going on this week? I was able to get the one last year (Lost
                            > Souls) but not Asylum. I'd love to listen to it on my Ipod as I drive home
                            > today.

                          • Robert A. Rosenberg
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
                              At 18:29 -0300 on 07/02/2009, Aclo wrote about Re: [torchwood] Asylum download:

                              >me too
                              >
                              >On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 2:35 PM, merlianne
                              ><<mailto:merlianne%40yahoo.com>merlianne@...> wrote:
                              >

                              >> I've tried downloading from the website but get the message that the
                              > > podcast is not available outside the UK ?

                              You are using the wrong link on the page. Select the one that says
                              "Download Torchwood - Asylum (right click and "save target as"), and
                              right click it. That will do a download of the file.

                            • Robert A. Rosenberg
                              Message 14 of 17 , Jul 3, 2009
                                At 19:54 -0400 on 07/02/2009, Melissa Ivey wrote about Re:
                                [torchwood] Golden Age download:

                                >I am currently downloading the Golden Age from the link below. (I
                                >live in the US.) I had difficulty earlier, but I'm not sure why. I
                                >was also able to download Asylum yesterday.

                                The BBC has apparently locked down the Download Link for non-UK
                                locations on today's episode. The Play Option still works as does the
                                download links for Wednesday's and Thursday's Episodes. If you try to
                                download today's show they feed you a "You are not authorized to
                                download this show" audio clip.
                              • Joni
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jul 3, 2009
                                  Indeed they have, glad I downloaded it right after it aired this
                                  morning. I can get Golden Age but not the others now.

                                  Joni

                                  2009/7/3 Robert A. Rosenberg <rarpsl@...>:

                                  > At 19:54 -0400 on 07/02/2009, Melissa Ivey wrote about Re:
                                  > [torchwood] Golden Age download:
                                  >
                                  >>I am currently downloading the Golden Age from the link below. (I
                                  >>live in the US.) I had difficulty earlier, but I'm not sure why. I
                                  >>was also able to download Asylum yesterday.
                                  >
                                  > The BBC has apparently locked down the Download Link for non-UK
                                  > locations on today's episode. The Play Option still works as does the
                                  > download links for Wednesday's and Thursday's Episodes. If you try to
                                  > download today's show they feed you a "You are not authorized to
                                  > download this show" audio clip.
                                • sem
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jul 6, 2009
                                    I could only get #2. #1 and #3 are "not allowed". I assume all 3 are part of the same story? I feel like I've walked into the middle of something.

                                    catzy

                                  • Joni
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Jul 6, 2009
                                      The files were available early on but then got locked down. I've seen
                                      copies of them pop up on the internet that are honestly better than
                                      the BBC ones anyway - these are in stereo and the BBC downloads are in
                                      mono.

                                      Joni, very excited about tonight!