Re: [torchwood] Re: TW Radio Play today!!!

  • Joni
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 1, 2009
      I'm in Canada and was able to download it from the BBC site.

      Joni

      2009/7/1 Karel <jerseyjunior@...>:

      > Correction on that. You should be able to listen to it even after the
      > initial play. Only UK can download it but I downloaded Lost Souls from
      > somewhere - I can't remember where - so it should be available to down load
      > somewhere on the net.
    • Dorothy Burgess
      Message 2 of 23 , Jul 1, 2009
        I’m in US and I downloaded it as well. I tried listening to it live and it kept cutting out.

        2009/7/1 Karel <jerseyjunior@...<mailto:jerseyjunior%40comcast.net>>:

        > Correction on that. You should be able to listen to it even after the
        > initial play. Only UK can download it but I downloaded Lost Souls from
        > somewhere - I can't remember where - so it should be available to down load
        > somewhere on the net.

      • Robert A. Rosenberg
        Message 3 of 23 , Jul 1, 2009
          At 12:36 +0000 on 07/01/2009, badblokebob wrote about [torchwood] Re:
          TW Radio Play today!!!:

          >IIRC, the BBC put Lost Souls up to download legally from them, it's
          >just not standard practice with iPlayer.

          Is it still accessible? If so, what is the URL or method of finding
          the download?

          Thank you.
        • Karel
          Message 4 of 23 , Jul 1, 2009
            OK. It said on the BBC site UK only so I'm glad it all worked out. I had trouble with streaming and buffering trying to listen live so I think it will just be easier to down load it.

            2009/7/1 Karel <jerseyjunior@...>:

            > Correction on that. You should be able to listen to it even after the
            > initial play. Only UK can download it but I downloaded Lost Souls from
            > somewhere - I can't remember where - so it should be available to down load
            > somewhere on the net.

          • Robert A. Rosenberg
            Message 5 of 23 , Jul 2, 2009
              At 09:41 -0400 on 07/02/2009, pfyre wrote about Re: [torchwood] Re:
              TW Radio Play today!!!:

              >At 03:59 PM 7/1/2009, Robert A. Rosenberg, annotated:
              >
              >>At 12:36 +0000 on 07/01/2009, badblokebob wrote about [torchwood] Re:
              >>TW Radio Play today!!!:
              >>
              >>>IIRC, the BBC put Lost Souls up to download legally from them, it's
              >>>just not standard practice with iPlayer.
              >>
              >>Is it still accessible? If so, what is the URL or method of finding
              >>the download?
              >>
              >>Thank you.
              >>

              >goto:
              >< http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/torchwood/download/>
              >
              >as the plays are broadcast - they will become available for download

              Thanks for the reply. I know of that URL and have been downloading
              THIS WEEK's shows (which that link lists). My question is about a URL
              to download LAST YEAR's show (Lost Souls) which is not on that page.
              Is it still accessible or do I need to get it some other way (such as
              via BitTorrent)?

              Thank you.
            • badblokebob
              Message 6 of 23 , Jul 2, 2009

                > >goto:
                > >< http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/torchwood/download/>
                > >
                > >as the plays are broadcast - they will become available for download
                >
                > Thanks for the reply. I know of that URL and have been downloading
                > THIS WEEK's shows (which that link lists). My question is about a URL
                > to download LAST YEAR's show (Lost Souls) which is not on that page.
                > Is it still accessible or do I need to get it some other way (such as
                > via BitTorrent)?

                Lost Souls is no longer available for free (legally) because it's been commercially released on CD (and through iTunes, etc, I believe).
              • Robert A. Rosenberg
                Message 7 of 23 , Jul 2, 2009
                  At 22:17 +0000 on 07/02/2009, badblokebob wrote about [torchwood] Re:
                  TW Radio Play today!!!:

                  >> >goto:
                  >> ><
                  >><http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/torchwood/download/>http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/torchwood/download/>
                  >> >
                  >> >as the plays are broadcast - they will become available for download
                  >>
                  >> Thanks for the reply. I know of that URL and have been downloading
                  >> THIS WEEK's shows (which that link lists). My question is about a URL
                  >> to download LAST YEAR's show (Lost Souls) which is not on that page.
                  >> Is it still accessible or do I need to get it some other way (such as
                  >> via BitTorrent)?
                  >>

                  >Lost Souls is no longer available for free (legally) because it's
                  >been commercially released on CD (and through iTunes, etc, I
                  >believe).

                  Thanks. I'll go the iTunes route to get it.