Re: TW Radio Play today!!!

  • badblokebob
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 1 5:36 AM
      IIRC, the BBC put Lost Souls up to download legally from them, it's just not standard practice with iPlayer.

      --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Karel" <jerseyjunior@...> wrote:

      > Correction on that. You should be able to listen to it even after the initial play. Only UK can download it but I downloaded Lost Souls from somewhere - I can't remember where - so it should be available to down load somewhere on the net.

    • Joni
      Message 2 of 23 , Jul 1 8:02 AM
        I'm in Canada and was able to download it from the BBC site.

        Joni

        2009/7/1 Karel <jerseyjunior@...>:

        > Correction on that. You should be able to listen to it even after the
        > initial play. Only UK can download it but I downloaded Lost Souls from
        > somewhere - I can't remember where - so it should be available to down load
        > somewhere on the net.
      • Dorothy Burgess
        Message 3 of 23 , Jul 1 8:19 AM
          I’m in US and I downloaded it as well. I tried listening to it live and it kept cutting out.

          2009/7/1 Karel <jerseyjunior@...<mailto:jerseyjunior%40comcast.net>>:

          > Correction on that. You should be able to listen to it even after the
          > initial play. Only UK can download it but I downloaded Lost Souls from
          > somewhere - I can't remember where - so it should be available to down load
          > somewhere on the net.

        • Robert A. Rosenberg
          Message 4 of 23 , Jul 1 12:59 PM
            At 12:36 +0000 on 07/01/2009, badblokebob wrote about [torchwood] Re:
            TW Radio Play today!!!:

            >IIRC, the BBC put Lost Souls up to download legally from them, it's
            >just not standard practice with iPlayer.

            Is it still accessible? If so, what is the URL or method of finding
            the download?

            Thank you.
          • Karel
            Message 5 of 23 , Jul 1 1:18 PM
              OK. It said on the BBC site UK only so I'm glad it all worked out. I had trouble with streaming and buffering trying to listen live so I think it will just be easier to down load it.

              2009/7/1 Karel <jerseyjunior@...>:

              > Correction on that. You should be able to listen to it even after the
              > initial play. Only UK can download it but I downloaded Lost Souls from
              > somewhere - I can't remember where - so it should be available to down load
              > somewhere on the net.

            • Robert A. Rosenberg
              Message 6 of 23 , Jul 2 11:45 AM
                At 09:41 -0400 on 07/02/2009, pfyre wrote about Re: [torchwood] Re:
                TW Radio Play today!!!:

                >At 03:59 PM 7/1/2009, Robert A. Rosenberg, annotated:
                >
                >>At 12:36 +0000 on 07/01/2009, badblokebob wrote about [torchwood] Re:
                >>TW Radio Play today!!!:
                >>
                >>>IIRC, the BBC put Lost Souls up to download legally from them, it's
                >>>just not standard practice with iPlayer.
                >>
                >>Is it still accessible? If so, what is the URL or method of finding
                >>the download?
                >>
                >>Thank you.
                >>

                >goto:
                >< http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/torchwood/download/>
                >
                >as the plays are broadcast - they will become available for download

                Thanks for the reply. I know of that URL and have been downloading
                THIS WEEK's shows (which that link lists). My question is about a URL
                to download LAST YEAR's show (Lost Souls) which is not on that page.
                Is it still accessible or do I need to get it some other way (such as
                via BitTorrent)?

                Thank you.
              • badblokebob
                Message 7 of 23 , Jul 2 3:17 PM

                  > >goto:
                  > >< http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/torchwood/download/>
                  > >
                  > >as the plays are broadcast - they will become available for download
                  >
                  > Thanks for the reply. I know of that URL and have been downloading
                  > THIS WEEK's shows (which that link lists). My question is about a URL
                  > to download LAST YEAR's show (Lost Souls) which is not on that page.
                  > Is it still accessible or do I need to get it some other way (such as
                  > via BitTorrent)?

                  Lost Souls is no longer available for free (legally) because it's been commercially released on CD (and through iTunes, etc, I believe).
                • Robert A. Rosenberg
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jul 2 8:36 PM
                    At 22:17 +0000 on 07/02/2009, badblokebob wrote about [torchwood] Re:
                    TW Radio Play today!!!:

                    >> >goto:
                    >> ><
                    >><http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/torchwood/download/>http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/torchwood/download/>
                    >> >
                    >> >as the plays are broadcast - they will become available for download
                    >>
                    >> Thanks for the reply. I know of that URL and have been downloading
                    >> THIS WEEK's shows (which that link lists). My question is about a URL
                    >> to download LAST YEAR's show (Lost Souls) which is not on that page.
                    >> Is it still accessible or do I need to get it some other way (such as
                    >> via BitTorrent)?
                    >>

                    >Lost Souls is no longer available for free (legally) because it's
                    >been commercially released on CD (and through iTunes, etc, I
                    >believe).

                    Thanks. I'll go the iTunes route to get it.