TW Radio Play today!!!

  • Karel
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 1, 2009
      Just a reminder that today is the first TW radioplay, Asylum, on BBC4 radio!!

      http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00lg4c7

      Check this link, though you might have to search a little for it. It start at 2:15 in UK, which I think is 9:15 on the east coast of the US. It's available for down load for seven days and the cds will be for sale later this month.

      Two more radio plays to come, Thurs and Friday and Season 3 next week in the UK.

      It's a Torchwood Summer!!!

    • Karel
      Message 2 of 23 , Jul 1, 2009
        Correction on that. You should be able to listen to it even after the initial play. Only UK can download it but I downloaded Lost Souls from somewhere - I can't remember where - so it should be available to down load somewhere on the net.

        Message 3 of 23 , Jul 1, 2009
          IIRC, the BBC put Lost Souls up to download legally from them, it's just not standard practice with iPlayer.

          --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Karel" <jerseyjunior@...> wrote:

          > Correction on that. You should be able to listen to it even after the initial play. Only UK can download it but I downloaded Lost Souls from somewhere - I can't remember where - so it should be available to down load somewhere on the net.

        • Joni
          Message 4 of 23 , Jul 1, 2009
            I'm in Canada and was able to download it from the BBC site.

            Joni

            2009/7/1 Karel <jerseyjunior@...>:

            > Correction on that. You should be able to listen to it even after the
            > initial play. Only UK can download it but I downloaded Lost Souls from
            > somewhere - I can't remember where - so it should be available to down load
            > somewhere on the net.
          • Dorothy Burgess
            Message 5 of 23 , Jul 1, 2009
              I’m in US and I downloaded it as well. I tried listening to it live and it kept cutting out.

              2009/7/1 Karel <jerseyjunior@...<mailto:jerseyjunior%40comcast.net>>:

              > Correction on that. You should be able to listen to it even after the
              > initial play. Only UK can download it but I downloaded Lost Souls from
              > somewhere - I can't remember where - so it should be available to down load
              > somewhere on the net.

            • Robert A. Rosenberg
              Message 6 of 23 , Jul 1, 2009
                At 12:36 +0000 on 07/01/2009, badblokebob wrote about [torchwood] Re:
                TW Radio Play today!!!:

                >IIRC, the BBC put Lost Souls up to download legally from them, it's
                >just not standard practice with iPlayer.

                Is it still accessible? If so, what is the URL or method of finding
                the download?

                Thank you.
              • Karel
                Message 7 of 23 , Jul 1, 2009
                  OK. It said on the BBC site UK only so I'm glad it all worked out. I had trouble with streaming and buffering trying to listen live so I think it will just be easier to down load it.

                  2009/7/1 Karel <jerseyjunior@...>:

                  > Correction on that. You should be able to listen to it even after the
                  > initial play. Only UK can download it but I downloaded Lost Souls from
                  > somewhere - I can't remember where - so it should be available to down load
                  > somewhere on the net.

                • Robert A. Rosenberg
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jul 2, 2009
                    At 09:41 -0400 on 07/02/2009, pfyre wrote about Re: [torchwood] Re:
                    TW Radio Play today!!!:

                    >At 03:59 PM 7/1/2009, Robert A. Rosenberg, annotated:
                    >
                    >>At 12:36 +0000 on 07/01/2009, badblokebob wrote about [torchwood] Re:
                    >>TW Radio Play today!!!:
                    >>
                    >>>IIRC, the BBC put Lost Souls up to download legally from them, it's
                    >>>just not standard practice with iPlayer.
                    >>
                    >>Is it still accessible? If so, what is the URL or method of finding
                    >>the download?
                    >>
                    >>Thank you.
                    >>

                    >goto:
                    >< http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/torchwood/download/>
                    >
                    >as the plays are broadcast - they will become available for download

                    Thanks for the reply. I know of that URL and have been downloading
                    THIS WEEK's shows (which that link lists). My question is about a URL
                    to download LAST YEAR's show (Lost Souls) which is not on that page.
                    Is it still accessible or do I need to get it some other way (such as
                    via BitTorrent)?

                    Thank you.
                  • badblokebob
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jul 2, 2009

                      > >goto:
                      > >< http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/torchwood/download/>
                      > >
                      > >as the plays are broadcast - they will become available for download
                      >
                      > Thanks for the reply. I know of that URL and have been downloading
                      > THIS WEEK's shows (which that link lists). My question is about a URL
                      > to download LAST YEAR's show (Lost Souls) which is not on that page.
                      > Is it still accessible or do I need to get it some other way (such as
                      > via BitTorrent)?

                      Lost Souls is no longer available for free (legally) because it's been commercially released on CD (and through iTunes, etc, I believe).
                    • Robert A. Rosenberg
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jul 2, 2009
                        At 22:17 +0000 on 07/02/2009, badblokebob wrote about [torchwood] Re:
                        TW Radio Play today!!!:

                        >> >goto:
                        >> ><
                        >><http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/torchwood/download/>http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/torchwood/download/>
                        >> >
                        >> >as the plays are broadcast - they will become available for download
                        >>
                        >> Thanks for the reply. I know of that URL and have been downloading
                        >> THIS WEEK's shows (which that link lists). My question is about a URL
                        >> to download LAST YEAR's show (Lost Souls) which is not on that page.
                        >> Is it still accessible or do I need to get it some other way (such as
                        >> via BitTorrent)?
                        >>

                        >Lost Souls is no longer available for free (legally) because it's
                        >been commercially released on CD (and through iTunes, etc, I
                        >believe).

                        Thanks. I'll go the iTunes route to get it.