Eve is pregnant!

  • michele.briere
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7 5:37 PM
      http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/drama/torchwood/news/torchwood-star-eve-myles-is-pregnant/5743

      Torchwood star Eve Myles has announced that she is expecting her first child.

      The 31-year-old Welsh actress decided to try for a baby after filming a new five-part special of the Doctor Who spin-off, Children of the Earth, which airs on BBC1 later this year.

      "I've wanted to do this for such a long time, but I kept getting job after job after job," said Eve, who plays former police officer Gwen Cooper in the cult series.

      "I thought, if I put this off any more I'm going to be 65. My partner and I decided this year was going to be the year, and we were blessed that it happened so quickly.

      "It's the best thing that ever happened to me – we're over the moon."

      Eve, who is three and a half months' pregnant, joked about the fact that her character Gwen gave birth in series two – to an alien.

      "We went for a scan and my mum was there," she recalled. "And my mum went: `No, it's not a Nostrovite! It's a real Welsh human!' But of course it crosses my mind – I hope it's not an alien!"

      Eve added that motherhood will not make her quit her role in Torchwood.

      "I hope we get a new series," she said. "I'd really like to play Gwen as a mother. It's not like I have to really save the world – I just have to sit in make-up!"